Diesis Mare

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Diesis Mare

Postby justinnich » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

So we just privately bought Hip 789 from KeeNov (a Diesis mare named Entendu), and she's due to drop a Hard Spun foal in January. I love the idea of repeating Danzig line again or looking to the Roberto line to go with the Sharpen Up on the dam side. I do have in the back of my mind the thought that it's not a bad idea to have breeding that might appeal to European and other foreign buyers (seems to be where almost all of the money is with the dollar taking a plunge), so I'm hoping this mare will help take advantage of that.

Does anyone have strong opinions on either of those lines over the other and/or particular sires? The mare's just over 16 hands and carries the usual small hock issues that go along with her pedigree.

Thanks for any ideas!

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Purim!

Roberto to go with the Sharpen Up/Mixed Marriage, Dr. Fager to go with the Aspidistra, beautiful Bold Reason (and not through Sadlers Wells), and a nice combination of speed and class.

brogers
Allowance Winner

Postby brogers » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:01 pm

I actually thought Arch would be a good option for this mare. Probably appeal to the Euro's a little also.
Byron Rogers
Performance Genetics
http://performancegenetics.com
Keen Ice...Verrazano...Fontiton...Divisidero...Breaking Lucky...Hoss Amor...

hpkingjr

Danzig over Roberto

Postby hpkingjr » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:00 pm

Three possibles:

Belong to Me; War Chant and Hard Spun

Recent thread on Sharpen might have some insights for you.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/forum/view ... hp?t=26201
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:39 pm

First of all, thanks to all of you for your thoughts. I wanted to follow up and mention she's been booked to Arch. I'm indeed hoping that adding both Roberto and Danzig to Sharpen Up might catch some lightning in a bottle. I've seen that Arch produced a 700k winner out of a Kris mare, so here's hoping we can do the same with that line.

I'm keeping a close eye on Purim and if he shows some positive signs I'd love to support him with this mare. I'm just not ready to send her to a completely unproven sire after her first three foals are by Mr. Greeley, Rahy, and Smart Strike respectively (obviously the foal she's carrying is somewhat experimental...I probably would not have pulled the trigger on Hard Spun myself, but I'm not complaining either). I'm hoping Purim will show some results and then I'd be happy to get in line.

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:28 pm

justinnich wrote:First of all, thanks to all of you for your thoughts. I wanted to follow up and mention she's been booked to Arch. I'm indeed hoping that adding both Roberto and Danzig to Sharpen Up might catch some lightning in a bottle. I've seen that Arch produced a 700k winner out of a Kris mare, so here's hoping we can do the same with that line.

I'm keeping a close eye on Purim and if he shows some positive signs I'd love to support him with this mare. I'm just not ready to send her to a completely unproven sire after her first three foals are by Mr. Greeley, Rahy, and Smart Strike respectively (obviously the foal she's carrying is somewhat experimental...I probably would not have pulled the trigger on Hard Spun myself, but I'm not complaining either). I'm hoping Purim will show some results and then I'd be happy to get in line.

well heres my two cents worth........you might have lighting in the bottle already , with the HARDSPUN baby :D
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Really hope you're right!!

brogers
Allowance Winner

Postby brogers » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:36 am

justinnich wrote:First of all, thanks to all of you for your thoughts. I wanted to follow up and mention she's been booked to Arch. I'm indeed hoping that adding both Roberto and Danzig to Sharpen Up might catch some lightning in a bottle. I've seen that Arch produced a 700k winner out of a Kris mare, so here's hoping we can do the same with that line .

Looked a nice mating on paper (A TrueNicks). Best of luck with it all.
Byron Rogers
Performance Genetics
http://performancegenetics.com
Keen Ice...Verrazano...Fontiton...Divisidero...Breaking Lucky...Hoss Amor...

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Re: Diesis Mare

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:13 am

justinnich wrote:So we just privately bought Hip 789 from KeeNov (a Diesis mare named Entendu), and she's due to drop a Hard Spun foal in January. I love the idea of repeating Danzig line again or looking to the Roberto line to go with the Sharpen Up on the dam side. I do have in the back of my mind the thought that it's not a bad idea to have breeding that might appeal to European and other foreign buyers (seems to be where almost all of the money is with the dollar taking a plunge), so I'm hoping this mare will help take advantage of that.

Does anyone have strong opinions on either of those lines over the other and/or particular sires? The mare's just over 16 hands and carries the usual small hock issues that go along with her pedigree.

Thanks for any ideas!

www.starquine.com
Hello,look at my listings ALAAZO, MALT MAGIC, MASSIVE DRAMA, HALO NAJIB, E Z WARRIOR, ASPEN RIDGE... ** PASS INFO along....

I recommend you Breed her to either HALO NAJIB OR MASSIVE DRAMA in Indiana... Program is Excellent and i placed these 2 Stallion for ZAYAT STABLES along with 3 others.. You can Nick mare Free @ TRUENICKs.com

Contact myself If Anyt ..?? ok Also U can BId today until 8pm on Seasons for as Littlle as $250.. Yes $250 @ www.Starquine.com