Sires for a Langfuhr mare

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Supernova
Maiden Special Weight

Sires for a Langfuhr mare

Postby Supernova » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:18 pm

I am considering the following stallions for 2010 for my mare Sweet Maria.

Giant Gizmo - 4k
Olmadavor - 5k
Judith's Wild Rush - 3.5k

and possibly..
Alphabet Soup - 6k
Sligo Bay - 6k

What are your thoughts on these new Ontario stallions? Do any cross well with my mare? How do you know if a sire is a "turf sire"?

Also, why will it not allow me to update her brother Marlang's pedigree with his updated earnings?

A photo of her 2009 filly by Strut the Stage

and a conformation shot of Sweet Maria
Last edited by Supernova on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Altanbarr
Allowance Winner

Postby Altanbarr » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Alphabet Soup is a pretty solid sire, produces an A+ true nick with your mare, and has produced a G3 winner, Silver Whistle, from a Danzig line mare. The other stallions haven't shown much.

Supernova
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Supernova » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:58 am

Thanks for input, anyone else?

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:35 am

What are your plans for the foal? Race it yourself? Sell?
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

llbean
Grade III Winner

Postby llbean » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Supernova,

I don't know if he's quite in your price range, but I would highly recommend going with Proud Citizen.

Proud Citizen has already produced his best runner, the Kentucky Oaks (G1) and Alabama (G1) Winner Proud Spell, from a Langfuhr mare.

This success if backed up by the fact that Proud Citizen gets a very good 13.06 VGS with Langfuhr's sire Danzig.

Also it is backed up by Langfuhr getting a good VGS of 8.5 (based on 3 SWs) crossed with Proud Citizen's sire Gone West.

Note as well that the hypo of Sweet Maria and Proud Citizen gets an A++ TrueNick Rating, which is the highest rating that system can give a mating.

If Proud Citizen is outside your price range, I would recommend contacting Airdrie about whether they could offer you a foal share or some other kind of special consideration given that your mare’s by the same sire as the dam of Proud Spell, who is by far the best runner sired by Proud Citizen so far.
"What happened is merely a sample of what might have happened, weighted by probability."
http://www.venturageoscore.com/

Supernova
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Supernova » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Looking to find an Ontario stallion, to sell the foal in Ontario.

pokeyman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby pokeyman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:21 am

You are right to look for a proven stallion for your mare who has no foals to race.

I saw that she did win a race but do not know the conditions (sprint/route, turf/syn/dirt, etc). Did she retire sound after her 6 starts? If not, seek a sound and durable sire.

Some proven Canadian stallions are: Bold N Flashy, Bold Executive, Milwaukee Brew, Alphabet Soup, Tejano Run, etc.

Danzig pretty much nicks with everything so I would just line up physicals and find a proven stallion to compliment her in her race/performance career.

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Re: Sires for a Langfuhr mare

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:48 am

Supernova wrote:I am considering the following stallions for 2010 for my mare Sweet Maria.

Giant Gizmo - 4k
Olmadavor - 5k
Judith's Wild Rush - 3.5k

and possibly..
Alphabet Soup - 6k
Sligo Bay - 6k

What are your thoughts on these new Ontario stallions? Do any cross well with my mare? How do you know if a sire is a "turf sire"?

Also, why will it not allow me to update her brother Marlang's pedigree with his updated earnings?

A photo of her 2009 filly by Strut the Stage

and a conformation shot of Sweet Maria

Hello I am 1/2 Canadian myself ok... Anyway...

Indiana has Excellent Program..
Hello,look at my listings ALAAZO, MALT MAGIC, MASSIVE DRAMA, HALO NAJIB, E Z WARRIOR, ASPEN RIDGE... ** PASS INFO along....

I recommend you Breed her to either HALO NAJIB OR MASSIVE DRAMA in Indiana... Program is Excellent and i placed these 2 Stallion for ZAYAT STABLES along with 3 others.. You can Nick mare Free @ TRUENICKs.com

Contact myself If Anyt ..?? ok Also U can BId today until 8pm on Seasons for as Littlle as $250.. Yes $250 @ www.Starquine.com

Langfuhr
Weanling

Postby Langfuhr » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:49 pm

Milwaukee Brew would fit her very well, physically. Shes very Langfuhr-y, and Brew gives them good size, bone and foot. Soup may not be a bad idea either, he tends to refine them..hes a great value and youll get a runner.