opinions on Silent Silver

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

skywatcher
Maiden Special Weight

opinions on Silent Silver

Postby skywatcher » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:15 am

http://www.pedigreequery.com/silent+silver

I would love to hear your thoughts on her pedigree, which stallions you think would suit her ( location not important and price range around $10,000)

thanks

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Sligo Bay
Borrego

Into Mischief
EZ Warrior in CA

ASB
Starters Handicap

Postby ASB » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:54 pm

I would only breed her to a proven source of speed.

The family is light, even with the Silver Charm connection, and hasn't been consistent for generations.

A stallion like Olympio in California, adds speed and versatility to his foals, works with a variety of bloodlines, has female lines of class to upgrade what she provides, and more importantly, seems to get his best runners from these inconsistent, light families.

My only guess for this is that he provides compatible genetic lines that aren't common in the States, and many of these families grow cold when bred to the genes that have saturated our population.

There's a few other stallions like him, but he's one of the best.

billl
2yo Maiden

Postby billl » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:36 pm

I like Pure Prize for her.
Bill

pokeyman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby pokeyman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:30 am

I know this is not what you asked.......and this is just my opinion and I hope I don't offend you......but I would not waste my money breeding this mare.

She is not of very good quality. If she were my mare than I would sell her and move on.

For the $10,000 you mentioned you can spend on a stud fee, you will be able to purchase a MUCH higher quality mare. The sales are really great for buyers right now (we just bought a fantastic mare during Keeneland that would have normally been out of our price range and she was in foal to a very good breed to race stallion).

So, I would not try to improve her but sell her and upgrade to a better quality mare......

You can get a lot of mare right now for $10,000. Plus, if you are in Alberta,Canada you can buy a pregnant mare; drop the foal in canda; and breed back to a good canadian stallion like Kiridashi who is located in your area. Why not take advantage of the great Canadian program you have there?

Sorry..just my two cents and I don't mean to show any disrespect towards your program.

billl
2yo Maiden

Postby billl » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Pokeyman, I was about to make a comment in that same direction just before making my recommendation. I think it is a honest and very reasonable advice that you are providing. However I kept the comment to myself after obtaining a negative reaction after providing a similar comment in another thread. That was the main reason I have not been posting in quite a bit of time. So, please to the poster that asked for advice, do not take it in a negative way, this is quite an expensive business/hobby that the odds are always against you even after going through an in-depth analysis.
Bill

pokeyman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby pokeyman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:57 pm

billl wrote:Pokeyman, I was about to make a comment in that same direction just before making my recommendation. I think it is a honest and very reasonable advice that you are providing. However I kept the comment to myself after obtaining a negative reaction after providing a similar comment in another thread. That was the main reason I have not been posting in quite a bit of time. So, please to the poster that asked for advice, do not take it in a negative way, this is quite an expensive business/hobby that the odds are always against you even after going through an in-depth analysis.

Thanks for that, Bill. I was hoping the comments wouldn't come off as offensive or disrespectful. But as you say, this isn't an inexpensive hobby so why throw more money down the toilet if you don't need too. And, this is spoken from someone that has flushed my share of cash away...trust me (learned the hard way)!! Live and learn, right. :twisted:

I learned it cost just as much to feed and train a crappy horse as a good one. So, have tried hard to upgrade my bloodstock and focus on quality. Even then, it's a crap shoot.....

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Re: opinions on Silent Silver

Postby SIXSAINT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:29 am

[quote="skywatcher"]http://www.pedigreequery.com/silent+silver

I would love to hear your thoughts on her pedigree, which stallions you think would suit her ( location not important and price range around $10,000)

thanks

Hello I am Brett St. Amand, Agent that Placed this Stallion Along with 5 others for ZAYAT STABLES in NOV 2009.... My thoughts are that Yes I Agree that E Z WARRIOR would be a Very VERY Good Choice 2010.. Yes He is In California @ APPLEBITE FARMS, but @ $2500LFSN he is a Bargain... Look at his Family and It's a NO BRAINER... Sire was EXPLOIT, $500,000 1996 Robert Lewis purchase then they Turned Down $1,450,000 @ KEE 1997 RNA'd $50,000 off Reserve... SMART choice as He was UNDEFEATED Grade 2,3 winner with 101, 104 Beyers @2yo and Grade 2 placed 101 Beyer @ 3yo injury retired him after that... EXPLOIT Pass that Speed to E Z WARRIOR... 1st Dam CARSON JEN has been a GOLD MINE look at her foals Winners Stakes etc.. BREED to E Z WARRIOR..!! :D :)

skywatcher
Maiden Special Weight

Postby skywatcher » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:13 pm

pokeymon and billl

thankyou for your opinions... they are exactly why I posted my queries on this board...to learn from people with more experience than myself.
Your responses are disappointing to be sure...but not offensive to me

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Postby SIXSAINT » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:18 pm

skywatcher wrote:pokeymon and billl

thankyou for your opinions... they are exactly why I posted my queries on this board...to learn from people with more experience than myself.
Your responses are disappointing to be sure...but not offensive to me

Hello,
I have a Season I bought for $250.. as i was High bidder if U want Season I will Sell to You at a MAJOR DISCOUNT from 2010 fee $2500LFSN...

PS Give me Email and I will send U win Pics of EZW and 1st dam I have Pics of Complete 1st dam Siblings... 206 432-1375 Texas

skywatcher
Maiden Special Weight

Postby skywatcher » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 pm

dublino wrote:Sligo Bay
Borrego

Into Mischief
EZ Warrior in CA

she's in foal to Sligo Bay right now, I'm curious what you like about the match?

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Postby SIXSAINT » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 pm

skywatcher wrote:
dublino wrote:Sligo Bay
Borrego

Into Mischief
EZ Warrior in CA

she's in foal to Sligo Bay right now, I'm curious what you like about the match?

excellent Match...
I would Still Hope U take me Up on EZW as I will wait until Weds then I will Sell to my Other Client as I was Only Contacting based on another Opion... Nom Pressure..

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:11 pm

There are two more seasons to EZ Warrior coming up on the GTOBA auction, and might be had for $100 each. The OP should be AWARE that nearly all of these stallion auction seasons are NG (no guarantee) and might not be a good buy if the mare is foaling relatively late and will only have the foal heat and one other before the sheds close. In addition, many of these stallion auctions do not permit the season to be resold. You, SIXSAINT, as an agent, must know you can't get anything CLOSE to the price of LFSN for the resale of a NG season. You would be fortunate, in my opinion, to double your money (if you paid $250 for it).

SIXSAINT are you the same Brett St. Amand that signed for all of those yearlings up in Washington ($341K) and your client refused to pay for them? I see you are new here - we do not "speak" text shorthand here. It is preferred that words are spelled out, and complete sentences are used.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

skywatcher
Maiden Special Weight

Postby skywatcher » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:16 pm

she is due in May so I would be waiting until next year to breed her if that's the route I choose to go.... thanks for the offers though sixsaint.
I will be keeping all suggestions in mind

SIXSAINT
Weanling

Postby SIXSAINT » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:29 pm

madelyn wrote:There are two more seasons to EZ Warrior coming up on the GTOBA auction, and might be had for $100 each. The OP should be AWARE that nearly all of these stallion auction seasons are NG (no guarantee) and might not be a good buy if the mare is foaling relatively late and will only have the foal heat and one other before the sheds close. In addition, many of these stallion auctions do not permit the season to be resold. You, SIXSAINT, as an agent, must know you can't get anything CLOSE to the price of LFSN for the resale of a NG season. You would be fortunate, in my opinion, to double your money (if you paid $250 for it).

SIXSAINT are you the same Brett St. Amand that signed for all of those yearlings up in Washington ($341K) and your client refused to pay for them? I see you are new here - we do not "speak" text shorthand here. It is preferred that words are spelled out, and complete sentences are used.

Look Who Are You... If U have a A Problem Call me... Ok.. Details of WTBA 2004 were a Owner that had Previous Bad Credit Issues was Given a NO CREDIT CHECK Unlimited Acct... I was Instructed to Buy Most of the Best Pedigreed Yrlgs in Sale.. At the ConClusion of the Sale A Conflict Arise and WTBA Since Tightened the TERMS & CONDITIONS and Board Members APOLIGIZED to myself for Pointing Out SHORTCOMINGS... If U Must Know....
I Just Attended WTBA 2009 Winter sale and ALL Went Great...
U Seem Like a Knowledgeable Horse Person... but Dont have the Actual Forms or Agreements that were Placed on these or Other AUCTION Site and the Stallions i have Nominated ..So I would Request that u Keep to YourSelf and I have Experience and Information that Will MORE than Satisfy any Breeder... SINCERELY... Brett