Legitimada

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

griff
Leading Sire

Legitimada

Postby griff » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:45 pm

I believe this mare could use a line to Mr Prospector and am looking for a WVBRED out of either Stored or Civilisation as I like stallions with out standing dams..

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Legitimada

Postby kimberley mine » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:00 am

griff wrote:I believe this mare could use a line to Mr Prospector and am looking for a WVBRED out of either Stored or Civilisation as I like stallions with out standing dams..

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

griff

She's the 1997 Argentine-bred mare in the database?

Bop has Fappiano as a broodmare sire, comes from a crazy good female family, and Rahy with Nijinsky just works. Not to mention he's the only one of the three with any kind of race record and he is quietly turning into a good little sire.

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks

Bop is a very good recommendation but I'm commited this year to either Civilisation, Stored or maybe Gunnerside.

Still, a very good recommendation

griff

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:52 pm

griff wrote:Thanks

Bop is a very good recommendation but I'm commited this year to either Civilisation, Stored or maybe Gunnerside.

griff

Go for Civilisation. Linebreeding to Somethingroyal via Sir Gaylord and Secretariat, and he's producing foals who are running decently.

I ran the combination of Sir Gaylord via Habitat and Secretariat via Gone West through G1 Goldmine and got the very good VGS of 2.17....except there were only 2 horses total (beware small sample size error). Run the VGS both ways and you get only 4 horses--but still get a VGS of 2.9. If you run all of Gone West over Sir Gaylord, you get a VGS of 1.35 (stakes winners occur 1.35 times more often than predicted); with that I'm pretty confident that this cross is working and not because of random error.

This mating also picks up on some other interesting strains--Nashua, which is probably what made you think Mr P in the first place, Tim Tam, Eight Thirty, and especially the very good racemare Teretania, who is both the 3rd dam of Legitimada's sire AND the 6th dam of Civilisation.

(edited for stupid typos)

BargainBlueblood
Starters Handicap

Postby BargainBlueblood » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:03 am

Congrats on getting Legitimada...really a very nice race mare who was pretty durable to boot. I remember seeing her win at Saratoga earlier in the decade (I think for David Donk) and when she dropped to the bottom at Penn National a couple years back, I wondered if someone smart would snap her up and make a broodmare out of her. Will this be her first baby?
Michael Slezak
Bargain Blueblood
[email protected]
917.455.0693 (cell)

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Yep, should go to one of those three stallions next week. I like Gunnerside and what he's producing but a good friend who has forgotten more than I will ever know said we should bring some Mr P into the fray.

64 starts and retired sound winning app $215k.. I thinbk she won two of her last five starts but the owner/trainer said she had done enough.. She has not raced in 2 + years..

I asked the trainer and last ownerr which of those three stallions and she said it really did not matter. You should see the legs and knees on this mare.. looks like a warm blood.

griff

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 am

Covered by:

Stored [Coronados Quest X Safely Kept]

Probably Civilisation or Bop next year.

griff

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:39 am

Maybe next year you could try Ghostly Minister?

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:32 am

Dublina

I like stallions with strong dams

griff

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 am

no problem Wiff up to you.