Is this a good match

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

BST FARM
Newborn

Is this a good match

Postby BST FARM » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:41 am

My mare is Simply Synful and I am now looking at Brave Cat to breed to. Anyone have any opinions on this match, can anyone do a hypomating for this match?
Thanks Brian

fastappy
Starters Handicap

Brave Cat x Simply Synful

Postby fastappy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Here is a hypo; http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... lor=000000

Not trying to offend, but just some advice; I would not breed that mare as she is unable to win in 19 starts, and her mother has an SSI (Standard Starts Index of 0.17), but did produce an earner of over $152K (SSI 1.38). There is not a lot of upside in racing ability in the immediate family and then if you breed her to an unraced son of Lion Heart (Brave Cat) who has not proven he can sire good runner himself, leaves much to hope but little on chance of getting a good runner.

There are far better mares out there and many are free. It would be an uphill battle with that mare and that stallion, but it is a good match on pedigree. P.S. there are several mares coming off the track due to injury, that are mutliple winners and the connections do not want to make the multiyear commitment of breeding and there are many mares at breeding farms that have been abandoned due to board bills.

Best wishes, and again I'm not trying to offend.
"He's by Damon Runyon out of a Don Rickles mare," Actor Jack Klugman