Understanding Nick reports

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

brogers
Allowance Winner

Re: True nicks

Postby brogers » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:58 pm

hpkingjr wrote:I sometimes find it difficult to understand what you may truly receive from the system. As I was playing on the system (and I do enjoy the fact there are sponsors), I did a hypo with Devil His Due and A Loose Kisser (Kissin Kris) Big D rating.

But when I looked at the enhanced version the cross had 75% starters and average earnings of 87K per starter. Pretty darn good. When I looked at the top 15 horses, there were 7 from the USA, six by Devil His Due, the other from a Kissin Kris mare. The other 8 were mostly from Japan.

Question? Can the TN also split out the numbers for USA horses and horses from say Japan? Just looking at the results makes me think Devil His Due and a Roberto line mare would have a great chance of success. If you just looked at the Nick (D), you may hesitate to try him with a Roberto line mare.

Can the system show Devil His Due by himself with Roberto line mares?

hpkingjr,

You have to be careful there. The $87K per starter is a result of what you are not wanting....the runners in Japan. If you take out the runners in Japan and their earnings, the average per starter is a lot, lot less.

TrueNicks is an international product. While the bulk of the usage is in North America, there are a lot of breeders in Australia, Europe and Japan using the service also. I think separating them out would do them a disservice.
Byron Rogers
Performance Genetics
http://performancegenetics.com
Keen Ice...Verrazano...Fontiton...Divisidero...Breaking Lucky...Hoss Amor...

hpkingjr

Thanks

Postby hpkingjr » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks for the explanation on Devil His Due. If I were a stallion owner I would want to know if my guy was the exception or the rule. As a breeder from the USA, I would also like to know what my odds are here. I would like to see a cross both with all countries and strictly USA.

Thanks again
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Re: Thanks

Postby KBEquine » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:42 am

hpkingjr wrote:Thanks for the explanation on Devil His Due. If I were a stallion owner I would want to know if my guy was the exception or the rule. As a breeder from the USA, I would also like to know what my odds are here. I would like to see a cross both with all countries and strictly USA.

Thanks again

Just chiming in to agree with hpkingjr on this.