This Hypo Mating?

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Jeff
Starters Handicap

This Hypo Mating?

Postby Jeff » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:02 am

Ride To Win/ Royally Nasty. Think there's any chance the 4x4 full siblings Beau Busher, and Stolen Hour, plus the 4x4 Boldnesian, the line breeding might liven-up this somewhat defunct stirrup of the 1n family?

I have noted that the Skywalker/Nasty Queen most similiar mating I could find produced a stakes winner, and Royally Nasty on a hypo mating to a Skywalker son results in a Werk A++ nick rating.

My other choices for the mare would be Prospected, though Mr. P over Naskra line mares doesn't get a good Werk rating, Also considering Sancturary by Halo., gets an A Werk rating, as Halo/Naskra line is a good nick, and also Sanctuary has a recent stakes winner in Louisiana, could be a promising stallion? I like the line bred Princequillo on his female side.

Then again, I really like the Best In Show 2nd dam of the In Reality horse, Ride To Win, and my once in a lifetime opportunity to do a balanced inbreed to this family.

This Nasty And Bold mare had the speed, and ability to run, she just didn't have the heart. What I have observed in her foals that I have raised, the ones who have the heart, that their mother didn't, they don't possess the racing ability and speed to go with it (muscle bound QH types), and the others are like mom.

My goal, to get one last foal out of this old mare that has both, the heart, and the ability. Your advice would appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff