Decarchy

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Ryafan
Newborn

Decarchy

Postby Ryafan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:28 am

What do people think of him? I sent 4 mares to him this year.

bayrabicano
Allowance Winner

Postby bayrabicano » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:02 am

I like him and hope you do well with your foals. Apparently, you like him a great deal and felt that he was a good fit for your mares. Would you care to share the names of your mares?
"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."
- Michelangelo

Ryafan
Newborn

Decarchy

Postby Ryafan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:04 am

I do think an awfull lot of him, epecialy with the rough ride California Breeders are going through. Three that are in foal are Spiritual Magic, Cocoa Beach and Lotsa Seasons. I'd appriciate your feedback.

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:45 am

I've bred 3 Decarchys. The knock on him was he can throw a small foal and he's not huge to begin with. Having said that, he sires really hard-trying horses. When they find their level they give you a horse that wants to win. His in-the-money stats from staters is really high. His aei has improved with each foal crop and he's improving his mares. Of the 3 I bred, one was on the small side but he's in training now as a 2 y old and I'm anxiously awaiting his first start. The other 2 are foals and are 2 of the nicest foals I've bred, big babies, good bone, correct, really nice. I'm breeding back one of the mares to him again.