Here is my advice:Stop breeding!!!

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Shamelessly bringing back up...So many are being starved and slaughtered we certainly need to stop and reflect for a minute...Please God put some sense into us humans...
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Bohemia
Starters Handicap

Postby Bohemia » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:04 am

Lately I have been disturbed by what seems like an increased amount of starved & neglected thoroughbreds, some only weanlings ... I love this sport but people really need to think twice about breeding their mares if they can't afford to care for them and the resulting foals, for many years to come. A free mare and a free stallion season should not be the impetus to breed again and again ... there is a thread on the buying/selling forum that spotlights such a case - very sad and selfish, in my opinion. Such a mating is not likely to produce a horse that will make much money in breeder awards.

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Bohemia wrote:Lately I have been disturbed by what seems like an increased amount of starved & neglected thoroughbreds, some only weanlings ... I love this sport but people really need to think twice about breeding their mares if they can't afford to care for them and the resulting foals, for many years to come. A free mare and a free stallion season should not be the impetus to breed again and again ... there is a thread on the buying/selling forum that spotlights such a case - very sad and selfish, in my opinion. Such a mating is not likely to produce a horse that will make much money in breeder awards.

You made your point over there in Buying/Selling and now, chastised, you slither over here and continue your blather. Learn to make your point without attacking an owner or their particular horse.

Bohemia
Starters Handicap

Postby Bohemia » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:54 pm

I didn't "slither" over here, chastised - I posted here WAY before that. So now you are chastised, my friend. And as for my point of view, I stand by it. And besides ... isn't THIS the proper thread?

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Bohemia wrote:I didn't "slither" over here, chastised - I posted here WAY before that. So now you are chastised, my friend. And as for my point of view, I stand by it. And besides ... isn't THIS the proper thread?

Post deleted in accordance with the following forum rule:

7. Do not post personal information about a poster unless consent to do so is granted by that person.