2011 stallions for my mares

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Derby2004
Starters Handicap

2011 stallions for my mares

Postby Derby2004 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Hello folks. I have two mares I will be breeding in 2011 and need some help on stallion selections. I have created a short list for both but if there's a stallion who y'all think matches up better please list him. Thanks

Sunshine Miracle by Premiership
Put it back
Hear no evil
Montbrook
Bring the heat
Awesome of course
Yankee gentleman
Sharp humor

Our Donna by Housebuster

Basically the same as above
Bring the heat

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:58 pm

I am far from an expert, and do not know your mare's build, but I did hypo matings and a little research...

With Sunshine Miracle, I like Awesome of Course a lot. You get inbreeding to a female who started 99 times, and this inbreeding is rare but has produced Swift Alliance, an Aussie stakes winner.

I Dislike her with Hear No Evil and Montbrook

Our Donna-- I like her with Yankee Gentleman and Montbrook.

So--for what it's worth! Good luck!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

Derby2004
Starters Handicap

Postby Derby2004 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Ive narrowed the list down quite a bit. For Sunshine Miracle im leaning towards Awesome of Course. Got my ticket for the bandwagon. She is on foal to Hear No Evil for April. I also like her with Sharp Humor and Belong To Me. But I am working on a budget this year. And for Our Donna I like Bring The Heat, MOntbrook and Hear No Evil. Bring the Heat is an extreme value at 2k, look at his numbers. I wont get a Belmont stakes winner out of the cross, but should get a foal that will smoke anything within 7 furlongs. If I was splurging on studs this year, Id go with Smoke Glacken for Our Donna and Congrats for Sunshine Miracle.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:09 pm

some really interesting numbers for Bring the Heat. At only 2k yet. In Excess is a great sire of sires - limited opportunity. I love Tribal Rule, same kind of story - not much as a runner but some real performers on the track expecially in the regional market

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.