New Mare: Found Her

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:25 am

Fastappy

I really like the Slew's Tiznow choice for a couple of reasons. I've sent you a PM.

fastappy
Starters Handicap

CT2346

Postby fastappy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks, good insight!
"He's by Damon Runyon out of a Don Rickles mare," Actor Jack Klugman

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:19 am

Hey fastappy, did your foals arrive yet? We wanna know!

fastappy
Starters Handicap

Postby fastappy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:25 am

Kalookan Dream had a Bay (I think) filly yesterday morning, by Thorn Song, which I'm really happy about. No Pics yet because she is still in the stall. When she gets out I'll take some photos.

Afleet's Desire is way over due but she did the same with her first foal. I was just out at Daehlings yesterday and took a look at her. I would say she is still a week away! :shock:

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Waiting for pictures, say hi to Found Her if you see her :D

fastappy
Starters Handicap

Found Her

Postby fastappy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:06 am

Not only will I say Hi, but I'll bring her some carrots as well! :wink:

fastappy
Starters Handicap

Thorn Song filly

Postby fastappy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:13 pm

OK, so I finally got around (3 months late) to posting a few photos of my Thorn Song x Kalookan Dream by Stormy Atlantic filly! Sorry Jeff! These photos were sent to me courtesy of Barb, at Greenacres Ranch.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p490/fastappy/?action=view&current=KD12B.jpg

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:51 am

Super nice looking and well bred filly, looks like a stakes winner to me. Pedigree lines up nicely also. Athletic looking filly!

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:55 am

Is she gonna be a gray like dad?

fastappy
Starters Handicap

Postby fastappy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 am

Hi Jeff! No she's going to be a dark bay with an attitude! :) Are you going to the Nor Cal Sale?

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 am

If i see something in the catalogue that looks interesting just might hit the NorCal sale, looks like a buyers market looking at last years results. Or i might wait for the January mixed sale and pick up a knocked up mare. :D

fastappy
Starters Handicap

Postby fastappy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:59 am

Well it looks like a shortage of horses (or interest) at Golden Gate, so hopefully clients will need to reload. I will be watching the Nor Cal and Barretts Oct. closely. I hope Cali starts to turn a corner like the rest of the country.

Good luck!! :)

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:10 am

90 days of regumate approaching, vet said go 120 days. I ran out of rubber gloves last week, gonna need a training bro soon if I don't go get some gloves.

She eats enough for any 3 horses, my wife and I are positive she's still in foal, will take her in and get her preg checked next week, If she'll fit in the trailer, this is one BIG girl.

She's been such a doll to handle since day one, sweetest, gentlest horse I've ever handled. I was worrying she might not have the BOSS HOSS gene necessary to produce competitive race horses.

Turned her out in the arena with her next door stall mate, 3 year old gelding, who had been the boss of the girls in the pasture cause he's got one hell of a straight out kick, he's the boss in the pasture, he eats food first, cause a that mean kick. He's a benevolent dictator though, he leaves everybody alone except at chow time. He's been stalled next to Found Her for a few months so that he can get daily biotin supplement to grow a new hoof since he had crumbly feet. Found Her has been stalled since I got her because she gets fed 2 or 3 times what everybody else gets. She's frantic about being apart from the gelding, when I turn her out in the arena alone, I'm afraid she's going to try and go through the fence to get back to her gelding friend.

He gave a little warning kick towards Found Her, and I never saw anything like it in my life, she let out a bellow like an enraged bull, whirled around in an airs above the ground, and kicked out like nothing you ever saw, and caught the gelding broad side, he got knocked down to his knees, and bam, bam, bam, she nailed him 3 or 4 more times bellowing like a bull with her ears pinned back, she looked like a devil horse I swear. Then she turned around and was gonna go for him tooth and nail, I was screaming and yelling and jumping up and down cause I though she was gonna kill the poor guy. She stopped and nonchalantly went back to grazing on arena weeds.

Poor gelding is missing some hide in hoof imprinted areas, but I think he'll live. Won't ever put him out with Found Her again.

So, now I know my foal will be lacking nothing in the raised by a boss mare department. I'm just gonna watch out i don't get behind the little devil when he's born now and get myself unexpectedly kicked to kingdom come. :)

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxVdpXWqmM&feature=plcp

Found this video on youtube, Found Her's 2011 colt by Roi Charmant when she was at Victory Rose in Vacaville Ca last year, the colt is still boarded there I believe, anybody interested in him, I'll give you the owner's contact.

I've raised lots of foals over the years, never raised one that would put on a show for the camera like this little hellion.

A Seattle Slew cross is a definite must in the future after seeing this little big man.

Jeff

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:57 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcFGt7ohsgg&feature=plcp

If she has another Peppered Cat foal, it will certainly be evident the day it's born.

I think she should a been named Mosette :lol: