City Zip mare

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Danzig
Maiden Special Weight

City Zip mare

Postby Danzig » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:27 am

Not sure anyone still looks at this forum since it appears as if there hasn't been much activity for awhile, but I thought I would try to get some advice.

I have a City Zip mare (o/o of Court Appeal by Candy Ride) named Elle Z who is a multiple stakes winner going 5.5f on both turf and dirt and I am considering breeding her. She's a typical sprinter type with a blocky body and on the shorter side, so she could use a stallion that would add some leg to her foals. I do enjoy the turf sprints, so would would like to get a foal out of her that could compete in such.

Any recommendations on which Kentucky sires to breed her to?

madelyn

Re: City Zip mare

Postby madelyn » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:51 am

You didn't provide a price range. I like her with Get Stormy at Crestwood. Tell them madelyn sent you.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Danzig
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Danzig » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:36 am

Thank you for the suggestion, Madelyn.

I am open on the stud fee range, just as long as it is a good match for her.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:15 pm

You are welcome. It is an A+++ nick, he meets your criteria (leggy and top ten turf sire) is I think a Great Value sire and meets my personal maxim, don't spend a big stud fee on a first foal. He was a miler and they usually make the best sires because they can throw a versatile horse. Since you breed to race you are not to be tempted to the unproven first or second year sires hoping to ring a bell in the sales ring.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....