New Purchase: Blazing Bartok...with Diabolical?

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

New Purchase: Blazing Bartok...with Diabolical?

Postby ZiaLand » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:33 pm

We just completed the purchase of Blazing Bartok (SP) and would love some thoughts on pairing her with Diabolical for a NM bred foal.

Since we're breeding for the incentive program, it's similar to breeding-to-race except the sale value of the yearling is a factor.

Pedigree: http://www.pedigreequery.com/blazing+bartok

Thank you!
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:55 am

Congrats on your new acquisition. She had a touch of class.. If the two are physically compatible, I think the mating is fine..
"Politicians should be limited to two terms, one in office and another in jail." Anonymous

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 am

I agree with Zinn. Im not too familiar with the NM yarling market but assume that Diabolical, as a top-class sprinter, is respected as such by buyers.

Another NM stallion which has caught my attention is WEATHER WARNING. In spite of limited opportunities in Canada he has sired several good stakes winners. As a son of STORM CAT he too crosses well with your mare.

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 pm

Thanks for your thoughts, Zinn and Barcaldine. I really appreciate the feedback.

Barcaldine, I definitely have Weather Warning on the radar. He's currently ranked the #3 stallion in the state by progeny earnings. I believe he only arrived in 2011. One to watch, for sure.

Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)