Bernardini Son in NM

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Bernardini Son in NM

Postby ZiaLand » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Marking (Bernardini - Seventh Street x Street Cry) is new to New Mexico for the 2017 breeding season and I'd love to hear some thoughts on his pedigree and potential as a sire. He was lightly raced in the US and Dubai and placed in G1 competition, finishing 2nd to Runhappy in the Malibu Stakes.

I'm especially interested in opinions on a hypomating with Soulful (Lion Heart - Rich in Love x Seattle Slew) or Blazing Bartok (Bartok x Lotta Glory Beau's).

Thanks!
Last edited by ZiaLand on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Re: Bernardini Son in NM

Postby Jeff » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:14 am

Zialand,

Looks like a good mating to me, lots of equivalents, 4x3 linebreeding to Seattle Slew through a son and a daughter. Marking and Soulful, both nice individuals. Cross also has a Harry Watnik large heart score of 35 just like California Chrome. His method is to count up all the crosses of Princequillo, War Admiral, Blue Larkspur and Mamoud within the 9 generation pedigree and in the hypthetical cross of Marking x Soulful the resulting score would be 35. Very good. Can read more about HW's theories over in yahoogroups Advanced Thoroughbred Pedigrees forum.

Regards
Jeff

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Bernardini Son in NM

Postby ZiaLand » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Thanks so much for your insights, Jeff. Very good information to have.

I'll check out that Yahoo group.
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)