Which stallion?

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

madelyn

Re: Which stallion?

Postby madelyn » Fri May 25, 2018 7:43 am

Jeff, it is spelled "Madelyn"... there is a famous quote, "There are lies, there are damned lies, and then there are STATISTICS!" I don't run the horses I bred and that we own under my own name. They run under "River Run Farm". My statistics unfortunately include horses in situations where I helped people out and entered in races before the owner/trainer got licensed and I have flat quit doing that - there was a reason those guys were not licensed. I don't know why you think I "identify" with the breeders of graded stakes winners - perhaps when people are planning matings it might be that I think they aspire to breed a winner. I don't know what that Desert Pschent (OR) has to do with this unless that is the winner you bred and raced; if that is the case I've got you flat Beat Out with Sky Princess, whom I bred, foaled, raised, and then raced for her owner, who purchased her from me privately off my farm. Also Prince of Spades, whom I bred, foaled, raised, and raced under my farm name, River Run Farm. Check out Witticism, whom I purchased for $1400 at FT February as a 3 yo and raced. She made 6 starts for me, cashing a check each time, and was claimed from me for $20K at Churchill.

The North American Foal Crop for 2018 is estimated at 21,500, down from over 44,000 in 1990 - the only time it hovered around 30,000 was 2008-2009.

If facts "poke you in the eye" maybe you should try some rose coloured glasses.

Back to the matter at hand. I would be very interested to find out what stallion the OP selected for Wheely Pink, and what criteria were used to select the stallion.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....