i wanted to claim one

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

perryT200
Weanling

i wanted to claim one

Postby perryT200 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:56 pm

Only Praise Me

https://www.pedigreequery.com/only+praise+me

I really thought about claiming this. The numbers are a little off but I didn't feel like updating them.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... y=T&rbt=TB

And since I don't know anything about horses it seemed like a guy could make money running it through the sale at Keeneland in two months. This horse is already fit. It's entered in a race. Get the shaggy clipped off, throw in some flax seed to slick this puppy up and good to go.

This is a Flatter mare that TrueNicks grades out at A++. Flatter out of A.P. INDY. He stands for 40k. Heck they raised him; last year it was 30k.

Come on. Enicks this mare and it rates A+++ with 12 different horses in KY alone. From 8 different farms. This is a marketing dream. Eight different FARMS A+++!! Take this rat to auction and there's no reason the sky's not the limit. Just get a couple of those fat wallets bidding against each other and make some MONEY.

And I'd lose my ass. I'm not a registered owner. That's $150. If I was dumb enough to run it as a racing prospect I'd have $500 in x-rays. I don't have an agent. I don't know an agent. And I probably be begging someone in the parking lot to take it after I calculated that I didn't have enough gas money to get home if I was hauling the weight of a horse too.

OH, BUT WAIT. THERE'S MORE. (yes, my best attempt at a TV commercial voice)

Goldminer... The Stallion Match. Eww, Ahh, Ohh. (think fireworks, if you didn't get it) Forget about the elusive 20/20 matches. Pish Posh. Three "PERFECT MATCHES". That's right. The ones that only happen 1 in 25 times with great 20/20 matches. This heart comes up and they have little cupids shooting arrows. Cutest thing I've ever seen. Not one, not two but THREE perfect matches.

Seriously, I can't believe this myself. Please run it yourself. Uncle Mo, Candy Ride, Medaglia D'oro. Medaglia F'in D'oro. He stands for $200,000. What on gods green earth does someone pay for a mare with a perfect Goldminer Match for that? I should buy this mare and start planning my retirement in France or someplace.

Now a little disclosure. My buddies wouldn't let me buy this rat. The dam line is so thin you can't see it. Years ago the guy bought the stud fee at some stallion auction thing that probably benefited IL racing for $750. That may be why it is IL registered.

But all this and more can be yours (think Price is Right) for the low low bottom claiming dollar of $5000 at the next race.

So why did I make this post? It might be because I am easily entertained. It might be that I bet the owner $20 that I could get his horse claimed. (i don't know how to type to make that little face where it looks like it's hands are up in a 'I don't know pose', so I'm not going to try)

Oh, and Madelyn. I gave Mr. Wells $5 to buy you a beer since you are racing Miss Pinkerton the same night. He will be the blonde fellow looking for you that you won't be able to tell if he is 35 or 55

madelyn

Re: i wanted to claim one

Postby madelyn » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:59 am

Hi Perry - thanks for the thought. I can't drink on race nights. It's hard enough not to stumble and fall down in the dark sober, going over and back with my horse.

While I admire your championing of your pal's mare, I don't know what Keeneland sale would yield a big return for a 7 year old mare who won 1 in four years of running. It costs about $2500 to put them through Keeneland. There is the $1,000 catalog fee to put them in the book plus the consignor and the other expenses and that is without X-rays.

Flatter is a horse that started out in KY for $5K but his farm supported him well and over time his stud fee was gently raised. Until the last three years when he kind of suddenly went to $20K, than 35K and now $40K. Eventually he had some good foals showing up. The year the mare in question was bred Flatter's published fee was $7500 but I doubt they paid that.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

perryT200
Weanling

Postby perryT200 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Madelyn, it's 50/50 if he shows. He might show up and say this silly stock broker buddy owes you $5 and here it is. He tried to give me the $5 back tonight. These guys show up, race and jump back on the trailer after they are cooled off and start home.

He tried to say he might not even be there at race 7; or that you wouldn't be there when he runs in race 5.

So you might not understand. Sure I think I owe you a beer. And I try my best to pay my debts no matter how small and this was just a great opportunity to settle up. But I'm getting a lot of amusement sending Mr. Wells.

I've never seen him outside the barn in open company; and I'm not saying he is socially awkward. A fabulous horseman who not only puts up with me but answers my questions truthfully in a way I can understand.

But I'm willing to bet you could turn him red as a beet. And by accident. On purpose is good too though.

As to his mare. Nice head, well balanced body, decent confirmation. Not much on the dam side. So far I've only learned I don't know anything about horses.

perryT200
Weanling

Postby perryT200 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 pm

Madelyn, what you really need to say is; " It's so nice to meet you, sorry to hear you peaked"

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 am

Shows what your pal is made of - it's KY and everyone has to be in the receiving barn 4-1/2 hours prior to their post time. so his being in the 5th and me in the 7th let's say we will have HOURS to chat. In fact the trailer I'm going in is taking one for the 5th. Unless he's the type that runs the horse up and down for the vet, signs for the lasix, throws the horse in the stall and leaves.

I'm a former computer geek that was into horses lifelong and to say I'm socially awkward is a bit of an understatement. But lots of us are so there is a kind of camaraderie in that. We borrow each other's hoof picks, "lend" vetwraps, etc.

It's going to be a long day. Will roll in home 1-2am. You gotta love it or you'd never do it.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....