Thinking about next year....

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Thinking about next year....

Postby kimberley mine » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:21 pm

Madelyn, for a Lord Nelson - Queen Maxine there are soooooooo many fun possibilities.

Santa Helena, where Napoleon Bonaparte was imprisoned after the loss at Trafalgar
Ladder Hill Road -- a road overlooking Jamestown, the capital of Santa Helena
HMS Queen -- one of the ships in Nelson's squadron
Trafalgar Night -- Absolutely sodden and completely legendary whiskey-soaked Royal Navy party held every year on the anniversary of the battle of Trafalgar. This especially works well because Queen Maxine's dam is named Glenfiddich Fire!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:06 am

I got a pretty good discount if I send both to Cinco Charlie. Have to carve out time next week to go to Lexington and look at these fellas..
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:00 pm

Madelyn, Tamarkuz got his first stakes (and graded) winner, and he's out of a Stormy Atlantic mare:

https://www.paulickreport.com/features/ ... ne-family/

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:33 pm

hm. cool. Thanks for the update!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:01 pm

And now Stormy Memo's half sister, Take a Memo, has had a weanling colt by Bolt d'Oro fetch $125K at KEENOV 20!

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:37 pm

Sp maybe Bolt d Oro could be a winner? Something's working

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:04 am

That was Take A Memo's 4th foal, and she has Miss Avas Union out there who earned $65K or something at the time of the sale. Take a Memo was another mare who "earned $30K" to paraphrase Tappiano. Call Her Chelsea earned $5K and was bred to Silent Name to get My Borrowed Angel ($155K earnings).

Off topic, but I was speaking to a fellow in Ontario recently and he told be breeding up there has gone to nothing since Stronach is pulling out and there won't be a program next year. I wonder where Silent Name will end up. I Always liked that horse a lot.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:25 am

madelyn wrote:That was Take A Memo's 4th foal, and she has Miss Avas Union out there who earned $65K or something at the time of the sale. Take a Memo was another mare who "earned $30K" to paraphrase Tappiano. Call Her Chelsea earned $5K and was bred to Silent Name to get My Borrowed Angel ($155K earnings).

Off topic, but I was speaking to a fellow in Ontario recently and he told be breeding up there has gone to nothing since Stronach is pulling out and there won't be a program next year. I wonder where Silent Name will end up. I Always liked that horse a lot.

Madelyn, you bored or something? I mean if you want to make a direct correlation, the more money a horse makes on the track for you, the better you feed them, just like the more money a horse makes on the track, the more likely a farm is to do a foal share. It's all relevant. No worries, I won't bother offering you an opinion anymore but suffice it to say how much better things are these days for that poor horse who was in horrible shape.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:24 am

Opinions are always welcome, no matter the tone. I love kimberley mine's constructive and well thought out opinions.

This is about Stormy Memo, and options for her. I was also thinking about sending Queen Maxine but recently found a wonderful sporthorse home for her and she will thrive with a new career. With Stormy, I really like Cinco Charlie and am really leaning that way. I also have another mare, Atruevision, who was pretty thin when I picked her up at the beginning of November but is filling out really quickly. She needs a son of Tapit in my opinion.