Practical Joke

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Practical Joke

Postby Shawklit Won » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:15 pm

Practical Joke is off to a nice start as a stallion. He not only already has four 2 year old winners, but one of his sons, Wit, won a graded stakes race on Saturday. He won the Sanford Stakes at Saratoga. Maybe Practical Joke will be the next big one.

BTW, his sire is Into Mischief, who is probably the best stallion in the country right now.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Practical Joke

Postby Shawklit Won » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:37 am

Practical Joke now has twelve 2 year old winners and two stakes winners as Joker Boy won the 100K I'm Smoking Stakes on 9/4 at Del Mar. He has a stakes placed 2 year old in Tejano Twist who finished 2nd in a stakes race on 8/31 at Colonial Downs. Wit just finished 2nd in the Hopeful Stakes (G1) at Saratoga on 9/6.
Shawklit Won.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 pm

His first crop was very well received at the sales and those who did the breaking/training were very high on them (and Gun Runner). Let's see what happens when they turn three as it seems that sometimes stallions like him don't have great sophomore seasons as the rest of the crop catches up to them. I'd love to see him do well, I know the people that raised him.

Competitive Edge got off to a quick start with 27 winners and now stands in Texas.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Practical Joke now has 23 two year old winners this year, his first crop season. Looks pretty good so far.
Shawklit Won.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:36 am

He has 30 starters from 128 two year olds this year with 16 winners.
Current year winners to starters is 15%.
His first crop is doing well at age three but his top earner is Chocolate Gelato who just won the Frizette.

I'm curious what kind of book he got this year, i know his sales average was very good on the heels of his first crop.