Adonis

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Adonis

Postby Mahubah » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:44 pm

Accoding to some information I'd seen, Adonis was supposed to be standing at Jubilee Farm near Citra, Florida fo 2004, but another thing I ran across saod he was at Center Creek Farm in New York that year. He's at Metropolitan Stud in New York right now, but anyone know for sure where he was last year? Just curious.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Re: Adonis

Postby Sam » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:02 pm

Mahubah wrote:Accoding to some information I'd seen, Adonis was supposed to be standing at Jubilee Farm near Citra, Florida fo 2004, but another thing I ran across saod he was at Center Creek Farm in New York that year. He's at Metropolitan Stud in New York right now, but anyone know for sure where he was last year? Just curious.

Jockey Club is showing he covered 15 mares in FL in '04.

He may have been moved to Center Creek without being bred prior to the move to Metro.

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:04 pm

i believe he was in ny last year and is standing in ny this year.i talked with the farm only 3 wks ago.and i saw some nice 2yos. run this year in ny. nybreds.he might have split the season in both ny and fl. but that seems a little strange no ?

Sam

Postby Sam » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:46 pm

What is up with this boy?

Year Mares -- Reports -- Live -- Percent -- State
------Bred Received Foals Live foals
2004 -- 32 -- 8 -- 6 -- 19% -- NY
2003 -- 30 -- 16 -- 14 -- 47% -- NY
2002 -- 43 -- 28 -- 25 -- 58% -- NY

Bloodhorse's mares bred report showed he bred 15 mares in FL ... so what, down to FL for one season and back up to NY. and what's with all the missing mare reports for the 2004 foals?

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:01 pm

One thing for sure, Florida isn't having much luck hanging on to sons of Kris S. lately.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Sam

Postby Sam » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:36 pm

Mahubah wrote:One thing for sure, Florida isn't having much luck hanging on to sons of Kris S. lately.

I'd feel bad about that if it didn't mean I'd have to not want Kissin Kris up in KY to try and take The Old Man's place.

I may be biased, but I still think he's doing the best at stud so far (at least as far as the ones left stateside). He's certainly got the best numbers .. only thing he's lacking is the quality. 8 years and still doesn't have a G1 winner. I do find that depressing.

hurleynyc
Maiden Special Weight

Postby hurleynyc » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:49 pm

Hi Mahubah, Sam, Reenci,
Adonis was in New York for 2003 -hence the 2004 NY crop. Adonis spent the 2004 breedng season in Florida, first at Jubilee Farm, then at Rising Hill Farm, where he remained through most of last year. But after Artax was moved back to New York, there were rumors that Adonis would follow - and apparently he did. Pity he has had so little opportunity as a sire. I agree, Reenci, very nice babies... I just loved our Adonis baby, but the $5K stud fee is delusional, given the horse's lack of support and his sire record so far (though it's pretty good considering the mares with average 0.77 CI at the end of the 2004 season, according to Equineline). Dixieland Band getting so much press as a Broodmare sire - perhaps that will help Adonis.

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:40 pm

exellent point on the stud fee....should be $2,500...would get more mares... hence more foals on the ground and if they do good ,you up the price.

Sam

Postby Sam » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:35 pm

Mahubah wrote:One thing for sure, Florida isn't having much luck hanging on to sons of Kris S. lately.

Glad this took a bump .. reminded me to re-respond to M's lamenting of the lack of Kris S boys :)

There's still a couple of them down there, but the only one worth anything at the moment is Reprized. He's not a bad looking animal, certainly more physically appealing than his full sib Prized (whom I never much cared for -- that head/neck area looked too stiff) and his numbers aren't bad (76% starters, 49% winners, only 3% sw though).

Valid Reprized just went to stud at the same farm for about half the stud fee .. so there is always the 'grandson of Kris S.' route.

There are also some cheap stallions down there -- Thug over at Greystone, Tonny Bahama just went in somewhere named Xanadu Stable in Loxahatchee, and I'm not sure if How So Kris is still down at Ellielu in Tampa or not.