Rush Bay

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Rush Bay

Postby Denise » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:56 pm

Got to see this handsome, classy son of Cozzene today. Aside from his ankle, he's a nice stallion. He had a lovely temperament, was kind, considerate and taller than I expected. Let a few people stand in his stall, stood quietly, accepted mints and head and cheek rubs. A great outcross for the MidAtlantic market. Apparently, he covered 4 mares last year on a test basis and got 3 in foal. No problems jumping up.
Let's hope he gets some support. Those are some of the traits you want to see passed on to future generations, along with running talent, which he had.

AscotStud
Grade III Winner

Postby AscotStud » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:46 am

He was a nice hard knocker, I remember having him at a price in the Crown Royal Turf as a 3 yo to have him miss by a jump. Nice race horse, and a rare chance to get back to Caro these days.
too weird to live...too rare to die
www.ascotstudfarm.com

Denise
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Denise » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:30 am

Yes, getting tail-male Caro bloodlines is tough these days, since Cozzene passed away and With Approval got shipped back to England! I'm very happy that the Murrays decided to stand Rush Bay at their beautiful farm in MD and wish them good luck with him.
We're very big fans of those "Grey Sovereigns" wherever you can find them.
Nowadays, it's mostly through the mares.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: Rush Bay

Postby Cree » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:58 am

He is no longer listed as a stallion in the Bloodhorse. Does anyone know if he has been retired from stud duty?