Hussonet's racing career?

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

saintlyCZ
Maiden Special Weight

Hussonet's racing career?

Postby saintlyCZ » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:14 pm

As we got his half brother to Czech Republic (Spinning Wild; he's already here, I saw only his picture - still in racing condition, resembles Hussonet a bit, but he's classes below Hussonet...), I'd like to learn more about Hussonet's racing career...
I know he won two races as 2yo, and was placed in two starts as 3yo, with one of them being Count Fleet stakes. But I noticed that both his 2yo victories, both over six furlongs, were quite slow - about 1:12. Was he really that slow horse? Or is the reason that he was much better than opponents, or was he kept back? Does anybody know or even remember him racing? I was very surprised when I saw his winning times... :shock:
And what about Count Fleet Stakes? There's no record in PQ database for that year, I only know his opponents weren't too good...

Overall - I suppose that his racing career wasn't the main reason while he was exported to Chile... Why he went there? Was it his pedigree, or conformation? I saw several pictures of him, and there are only few stallions I like more... But according to racing informations I have so far, he would be the last horse I would use as stallion... :?
Thanks for any thoughts and comments!!!
Avatar: This wonderful horse is my big love: Czech-bred horse Heretic, son of fantastic sire Rainbows for Life out of great dam Hairy Dream.

saintlyCZ
Maiden Special Weight

Postby saintlyCZ » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:17 pm

PS - I'm sorry, his Count Fleet Stakes are also in database, I just overlooked it... Also doesn't look good... :shock:
Avatar: This wonderful horse is my big love: Czech-bred horse Heretic, son of fantastic sire Rainbows for Life out of great dam Hairy Dream.