stallions of the H family line

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

reenci
Grade II Winner

stallions of the H family line

Postby reenci » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:00 pm

posted this in the wrong section...sorry . maybe i will get an answer here. anyone out there able to tell me of some H family stallions out there . and if so ..any in the north east ?

llbean
Grade III Winner

Postby llbean » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:46 am

Hi Reenci,

What is the H family? There are 5-h and 16-h families; but they are in no way related and you need the number to know which family you're talking about going by the usual classification technique used in this Country.

Or is there a family where they're all given a name starting in H?

-llbean

Sysonby
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Sysonby » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:01 am

Are you talking about warmbloods possibly? They do have lines starting with letters but right now I can't recall a famous one starting with an H.

http://www.hanoverian-gb.org.uk/hhorse.htm

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:25 am

sorry i should have been more specific... 1-h....or 16-h...any info would help. thanks people.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:41 am

reenci wrote:sorry i should have been more specific... 1-h....or 16-h...any info would help. thanks people.

1h, 16h, etc. are tail (English) female family classifications, and it's the number not the letter that's the key to whether they're from the same family. The letters are used to further distinguish important branches of the same family. American, colonial, half-bred, et al. taproot mares are classified using a letter first, but none by the letter 'H'. See http://bloodlines.net/TB/Families/FamilyNumbers.htm

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: stallions of the H family line

Postby Pan Zareta » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:50 am

reenci wrote:posted this in the wrong section...sorry . maybe i will get an answer here. anyone out there able to tell me of some H family stallions out there . and if so ..any in the north east ?

Do you maybe mean Herod (Byerley) sire line :?: If so, in the north east take a look at Legal Jousting (Ontario).