Sarava

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

LC
Maiden Special Weight

Sarava

Postby LC » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:08 pm

Has anyone seen him? What's he like? Conformation flaws and strengths? Pedigree? Any thoughts at all?

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:42 pm

LC, Sarava is bred on a very similar pattern to Wild Deputy...Wild Again x a Deputy Minister daughter. Wild Deputy was one of the leading freshman sires in California and had a few stakes winners. You might want to check his progeny for potential "nicks". Wild Deputy now stands in New Mexico and I believe is currently ranked #9 on the state's leading sires list. He's been moving steadily up in rank for the last year. I haven't seen him or any of his progeny in person as yet, so I can't offer more.

Laurie
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

Inish Glora
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Inish Glora » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:39 pm

He's small, stocky, kind of a nothing looking horse. It's shocking that he won the Belmont.

BJ
Horse of the Year

Postby BJ » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:21 pm

Inish Glora wrote:He's small, stocky, kind of a nothing looking horse. It's shocking that he won the Belmont.

Smarty Jones, Birdstone and Imperialism are all small, nothing special looking horses too. Looks can be deceiving! :wink: My biggest concern with Sarava would be whether he would pass on any soundness issues. Love his breeding! His size...he comes from small ancestors. Bring on the BIG, well bred mares, with excellent conformation :lol: