Rockport Harbor Dead

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

Rockport Harbor Dead

Postby CherryDavis » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:34 am

winds
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby winds » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Sad news...................

winds

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 pm

Alas he passed. I think many people were expecting a longeve breeding career from him. It is an unexpected surprise along with the passing of his sire. Hopefully his deceased sire is still throwing several good sons. Not completely sure if Rockport Harbor's tail male lineage will keep on. Opinions?

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:09 am

Jorge wrote: "Not completely sure if Rockport Harbor's tail male lineage will keep on. Opinions?"

His sire, Unbridled's Song, has 54 sons listed in the Blood Horse Stallion Register.
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:15 am

It is great to know that, hopefully, God willing, Unbridled's Song tail male lineage will carry on for the future. But right now, I cannot assure this will be the case with Rockport Harbor's prospective tail male lineage.

Native Charger, a son of Native Dancer comes to mind. For a while, Native Charger's legacy seemed very secure with so many talented sons, even including a Belmont Stakes winner (High Echelon) and look what happened.
Now Native Charger's tail male legacy is practically gone and even his respected broodmare strength is fading away. Today, we still have Raise A Native/Mr Prospector and that's it (yes I am quite aware of Atan). Fortunately, Raise A Native is a modern cornerstone but that doesn't assure anything. But I always though that Rockport Harbor was en-route to become a new paradigm. But right at this moment, I am not that sure.