Dynamic Sky

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Dynamic Sky

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:37 am

I was wrong about Commandment being in with a bunch of claimers. Commandment finished 3rd in his starter race behind two horses that had won MSW races and even placed in allowance races. The winner had even finished 2nd in a stakes race. Where does Commandment race next? I would say another starter race if there is one that he can race in within a month or so.

Dynamic Sky finished 5th in the Santa Anita Handicap. He was in tough with Shared Belief (the winner) and some other very good horses and it was the first time in a while that he raced on dirt after a bunch of grass races.

In the San Felipe, my virtual stable horses finished 1-2-3-4-5. Couldn't expect any better than that. I wish that they were not all entered in the same race.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:46 pm

I have to admit, I wrote something kind of dumb before on this thread and Jane called me on it. I said that a trainer would not like it if one horse he trains places an objection on another that he trains. The two horses in question in that race had different owners. Jane pointed out that it would be not only wrong of the trainer, but even criminal if he somehow kept the one jockey from placing the objection on the horse that fouled him.

I guess that I was thinking of a race where a trainer had a coupling with both horses having the same owner. The jockey on one horse placed an objection on the other horse in the coupling that won the race. The announcer said something to the effect that the trainer would not like him placing the objection, especially if his winning horse was taken down (the other horse in the coupling finished about 5th).

Anyway, I guess that is what I was thinking at the time, and Jane was right.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Commandment won a starter race today, so that will end his starter races. Next will have to be either an entry level allowance race or a claiming race. I hope it is an allowance race, but in a high priced claiming race (50K or more), there might be a good chance that Commandment would not be claimed, and if he wins, he would still be eligible for an entry level allowance race. Of course, with a claiming race, there is always a chance of being claimed.

The Oaklawn meet is over after today, so Commandment will have to race at a different track next. Maybe Churchill Downs or Keenland.

I don't know when Dynamic Sky and Sky Captain are racing again, but they have both had recent works.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:44 pm

Second place by a neck for Dynamic Sky today in the Grade 2T Elkhorn Stakes at Keeneland. He sure is up there in some of these graded stakes races. I wish that he would win more of them, but at least he has won one of them. His second place effort earned him $50,000. and put his career earnings over a million dollars.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:48 pm

I think that Dynamic Sky is on the shelf. Don't know if he is injured or just getting a rest.

If he is injured and figures to be out of action for awhile, then I would not be surprised to see him retired to stud. After all, he is 5 years old now and has had plenty of races. If he is being retired, then I hope he finds a happy home. He deserves it.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Sky Captain, Dynamic Sky's sort of brother, has been working out lately, so I expect that he will be racing again soon and probably next year as well.

As for Dynamic Sky, He has not had a race since July and has not been working out. He apparently has an injury of some kind. If he has a broken bone or something like that, I expect that he will be retired and go to stud someplace if the injury is not too serious. If his injury is mild, then maybe he will be back racing again next year. All I can do is wait and see and hope for the best for DS.

Did I mention how similar the pedigrees of Dynamic Sky and Sky Captain are? Both are sons of Sky Mesa and both are inbred to Mr. Prospector 4 X 4. Both have broodmare sires that are grandsons of Mr. P (Distorted Humor and Smarty Jones) and both are inbred to Secretariat 5 X 5. DS is inbred to Northern Dancer 5 X 5 X 5 and Sky Captain is inbred to ND 4 X 5 which I think are basically equal inbreeding to Northern Dancer. Both have won graded stakes races after long layoffs.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Dynamic Sky finished 3rd today in a 9F allowance race at Keeneland. Yes, I am still keeping an eye on him.

I thought that he might be at stud now, but it looks like his handlers will keep running him as long as he is competitive, at least in allowance races.

I just hope that he doesn't end up in claiming races. He deserves better than that. Just let him retire to a nice farm someplace. I think his people have more class than that (claiming races).

I think that the problem with him as far as being a stallion goes is his sire, Sky Mesa. Sky Mesa is a good sire. especially of 2 year old colts and fillies, but the big farms want a son of War Front, Tapit, Unbridled, or one of the other big name stallions.

I can see DS ending up as a 5K stallion someplace, but there is still more money to be made by racing him I guess. Just wish him all the best.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Dynamic Sky has been retired to stud at a place called Shannondoe Farm in Ontario, Canada. His fee for 2017 has been set at $4,000. Might be a bargain at that price. Good pedigree from the Pulpit line with Distorted Humor as his BM sire, and he is a graded stakes winner and millionaire. He has also multiple times placed in graded stakes races including multiple grade 1 stakes races. He won stakes races on grass and dirt and in sprints and longer races.

I would breed a mare to him, for whatever that is worth.
Shawklit Won.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:28 pm

For what it's worth, I saw this horse race twice and my opinion of him is - he's small and light-boned, and he's a "hot-head".

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:57 pm

I hope that Dynamic Sky gets a reasonably good chance to prove himself at stud. I am sure that his owner, John Oxley, will support him with some good mares. I hope that he gets good mares from other places. He was a good horse, IMO, racing in 34 races including many stakes races, which is rare in racing today.

Anyway, best of luck to Dynamic Sky in his new career.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:09 pm

In case anyone may be interested. Dynamic Sky got bred to a whopping 17 mares in 2017, his first year at stud. Doesn't look like he is going to make it big as a stallion. Too bad.

Better than a slaughterhouse.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:57 pm

Dynamic Sky got his first stakes winner today. Her name is Jilli Marie and she won the South Ocean Stakes at Woodbine, a 6.5F black type race.

This is kind of a surprise because Dynamic Sky has been bred to so few mares. Good for him. I hope he gets some more.
Shawklit Won.