Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:43 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
Dynamic Sky is entered in the Singspiel Stakes at Woodbine on Sunday (7/6). It is the 9th race on turf, and DS will be joined by 5 other horses in the 1 1/2 mile race. Should be interesting to see how Dynamic Sky races on the grass.

A couple of races later is the million dollar Queens Plate Stakes, and Mark Casse has 3 colts entered in that race. Can't really blame him in this case because even 2nd or 3rd place money should be pretty good.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
Third place today in the Singspiel Stakes (G3) at Woodbine for Dynamic Sky. DS looked like he had a good chance to win until the first 2 finishers came thundering down the middle of the racetrack. Dynamic Sky was on the rail, and maybe that was what hurt him. Near the rail may have been softer than the middle of the track in the stretch, but I really don't know. DS was 2 1/2 lengths back in the mile and a half turf race.

So, Dynamic Sky is now graded stakes placed on both turf and dirt to go along with his 3 stakes wins. Not a bad resume, but I hope that he wins a couple of graded stakes before he is done racing. That should set him up for a nice career as a stallion someplace.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:50 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
What's next for Dynamic Sky? My guess, and it is only a guess, is the Seagram Cup (G3) on 8/3/14 at Woodbine at 1 1/16 miles. That seems likely to me because it is exactly 4 weeks after his last race (Singspiel Stakes). That seems to be just about the right time between races for my favorite horse.

Sky Captain could also be entered in that race. It would be just over a month since his last race. Maybe both horses will be entered in the Seagram Cup.

I would not be surprised to see Sky Captain at Saratoga or Del Mar for his next one. I read someplace that trainer Casse may be taking some of his horses to the Del Mar meet. We will see. Maybe even Dynamic Sky will show up at Del Mar also, but I think that he will stay in Canada for now.

Anyway, Sky Captain was a 210K yearling purchase and Kentucky bred, so much is probably expected of him. I think that the Oxley/Casse team would like to have him win some graded stakes races at some other big tracks besides Woodbine like Saratoga or Belmont or Del Mar. This would give a boost to his reputation in both the U.S. and Canada and possibly set him up for a nice stallion job when his racing days are over.

As for Dynamic Sky, I think that his future is in Ontario before and after his racing days, although if he races next year, he may start off in Florida and stop off at Keeneland/Churchill Downs before returning back to Canada.

One thing that I like about Dynamic Sky. He may not be another Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Sunday Silence, or A.P. Indy, but he always tries hard. I love watching him race.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:06 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
I was surprised to see that Dynamic Sky is entered in the Nijinsky Stakes (G2) at Woodbine on Saturday (7/19). Surprised because Dynamic Sky just ran in the Singspiel Stakes on the 6th of July, which is less than 2 weeks ago. The Nijinsky Stakes is 1 1/8 miles, and like the Singspiel Stales, is also on the turf.

I guess that DS should still be in shape after running 1 1/2 miles in the Singspiel Stakes. Hope that he runs well. Of course, he still could get scratched. Don't know what trainer Casse has in mind.

Must be that Dynamic Sky's connections feel that the grass in not a problem for him, based in how he ran on the turf in the Singspiel (finished 3rd). Maybe we will see him on the grass from now on.

Anyway, could be interesting.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:22 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
Second place for Dynamic Sky today in the Nijinsky Stakes (G2). For some reason, DS went off at 22 to 1 odds, and paid 10.90 to place. I thought that Dynamic Sky ran a pretty good race today. The time was pretty fast (1:45 and change for the mile and 1/8 race) and Dynamic Sky would have been even closer, IMO, if he wasn't blocked for much of the stretch before finally getting through the horses ahead of him.

I think that Dynamic Sky has proven that he can race on grass. They probably should keep running him in turf races as long as grass races are available for him to run in (preferably graded stakes races).
It was his 3rd time finishing 2nd in graded stakes races to go along with his 3rd place in the Singspiel stakes (G3). I hope that he does win a graded stakes race or two (or more) before he is through with his racing career.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:19 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
I noticed that Dynamic Sky is not nominated to the Seagram Cup on the 3rd of August. No surprise now that DS just ran in the Nijinsky Stakes on the 19th of July. I think that his next might be the Sky Classic Stakes (G2) on Saturday, August 16 at Woodbine, and like the Nijinsky Stakes, is also on the turf.

Sky Captain is nominated to the Seagram Cup, but has not raced or shown a workout since he won the Dominion Stakes on July 1. So, not sure if his handlers are giving Sky Captain a rest or that he suffered an injury of some kind. Of course, Sky Captain still might run in the Seagram Cup. All we can do is wait and see.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:08 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
Shawklit Won wrote:
Cree wrote:
Casse is just demolishing this meet. Big fish in little pond at Woodbine.
He's leading the trainers standing by $1.6 million. He had 165 starts, 35 wins, 34, 2nds, and 18 3rds. The second place trainer is R. Tiller with 101 starts and $990,000+ in earnings.
He just has so many horses, he's running multiples in races (like the stakes race a few weekends back when he had SEVEN ? entered).
I'm keeping tabs on his big 2-year-old winners, I am curious to see how they develop.



Casse's 2 year old colts include Skyway, who is already graded stakes placed. Other 2 year old winners for Casse/Oxley are Sky Bistro, Adrosa Sky, and Sky Racer. I believe that Skyway was the first 2 year old winner in the U.S. this year.

Getting back to Dynamic Sky, I noticed that he is nominated to the Singspiel Stakes this Sunday (7/6) at Woodbine. The race is a grade 3 on turf at a mile and a half. That doesn't mean that he definitely will be in the race, but he could be. Sky Captain and Patrioticandproud are also nominated to that race, but both just raced yesterday, so I am sure that we won't be seeing them.

Should be interesting if Dynamic Sky is entered. If the grass doesn't bother him, then he should be able to get the 1 1/2 mile distance because he just ran 1 1/4 miles on dirt 3 weeks prior. I hope he runs in it.



A 2YO Casse trained colt makes his debut at Del Mar tomorrow in the 6th race at a mile on turf. His name is Bollente (More Than Ready-Coya by Deputy Minister) and I think that the stable has high hopes for him. Casse/Oxley paid 550K for him at a 2YO in training sale, so he must have impressed.

Bollente is inbred 4X4X5 to Northern Dancer, which probably is a good part of the reason that he is running on the grass. Bollente is also inbred 4X4 to Mr. Prospector. I will be watching.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:43 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
Shawklit Won wrote:
Shawklit Won wrote:
Cree wrote:
Casse is just demolishing this meet. Big fish in little pond at Woodbine.
He's leading the trainers standing by $1.6 million. He had 165 starts, 35 wins, 34, 2nds, and 18 3rds. The second place trainer is R. Tiller with 101 starts and $990,000+ in earnings.
He just has so many horses, he's running multiples in races (like the stakes race a few weekends back when he had SEVEN ? entered).
I'm keeping tabs on his big 2-year-old winners, I am curious to see how they develop.



Casse's 2 year old colts include Skyway, who is already graded stakes placed. Other 2 year old winners for Casse/Oxley are Sky Bistro, Adrosa Sky, and Sky Racer. I believe that Skyway was the first 2 year old winner in the U.S. this year.

Getting back to Dynamic Sky, I noticed that he is nominated to the Singspiel Stakes this Sunday (7/6) at Woodbine. The race is a grade 3 on turf at a mile and a half. That doesn't mean that he definitely will be in the race, but he could be. Sky Captain and Patrioticandproud are also nominated to that race, but both just raced yesterday, so I am sure that we won't be seeing them.

Should be interesting if Dynamic Sky is entered. If the grass doesn't bother him, then he should be able to get the 1 1/2 mile distance because he just ran 1 1/4 miles on dirt 3 weeks prior. I hope he runs in it.



A 2YO Casse trained colt makes his debut at Del Mar tomorrow in the 6th race at a mile on turf. His name is Bollente (More Than Ready-Coya by Deputy Minister) and I think that the stable has high hopes for him. Casse/Oxley paid 550K for him at a 2YO in training sale, so he must have impressed.

Bollente is inbred 4X4X5 to Northern Dancer, which probably is a good part of the reason that he is running on the grass. Bollente is also inbred 4X4 to Mr. Prospector. I will be watching.




Not a good start for Bollente today. He finished dead last. It was his first race, and sometimes you can discount that, but Bollente really showed nothing in the race.

Maybe he isn't a grass horse, despite his pedigree. I guess that we will find out eventually.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Last edited by Shawklit Won on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:35 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
Big day for the Casse stable on Sunday (8/3). Sky Captain is entered in the Seagram Cup (G3), a $150,000. graded stakes race at 1 1/16 miles at Woodbine. Sky Captain may have some stiff competition from a horse name Alpha Bettor, who won this race the past 2 years.

At Del Mar, Skyway and Conquest Bigluck E are entered in the Best Pal Stakes (G3) for 2 year old colts and fillies. The Best Pal is 6 1/2 furlongs and has a purse of $200,000.

Our "old friend," Patrioticandproud, is entered in an allowance race at 1 mile at Del Mar on Sunday.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:37 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
Shawklit Won wrote:
Big day for the Casse stable on Sunday (8/3). Sky Captain is entered in the Seagram Cup (G3), a $150,000. graded stakes race at 1 1/16 miles at Woodbine. Sky Captain may have some stiff competition from a horse name Alpha Bettor, who won this race the past 2 years.

At Del Mar, Skyway and Conquest Bigluck E are entered in the Best Pal Stakes (G3) for 2 year old colts and fillies. The Best Pal is 6 1/2 furlongs and has a purse of $200,000.

Our "old friend," Patrioticandproud, is entered in an allowance race at 1 mile at Del Mar on Sunday.



Not a bad day for the Casse stable as Skyway won the Best Pal Stakes (G2) for 2 year old colts and fillies at Del Mar today. Skyway looks to have a pretty bright future.

Sky Captain finished 2nd in the Seagram Cup (G3) at Woodbine today. You can't win them all, but second is not bad if you can't win. Sky Captain beat the winner in his last race.

Patrioticandproud finished 4th in his allowance race at Del Mar.

Now I wait for the Sky Classic Stakes(G2) at Woodbine on 8/16. Dynamic Sky is nominated for that race on turf.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:57 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
I noticed that there are a couple of big stakes races on 8/27 at Woodbine. One is the $300,000. Northern Dancer Stakes and the other is a million dollar stakes race. Both races are graded and are on turf.

I wonder if Sky Captain or Dynamic Sky will be included in either of these races. Dynamic Sky is nominated for the Sky Classic Stakes on 8/16, which doesn't guarantee that he will be entered in that race.

Sky Captain has raced only on dirt so far, but he does have some turf in his pedigree. If you go back 7 generations, then Sky Captain is inbred to Northern Dancer 4x5x6x7 plus there is Round Table and a couple of crosses to Secretariat in his 5th generation. Going by pedigree, then I think that Sky Captain has as much or slightly more turf influences in his pedigree than Dynamic Sky, and I think that Dynamic Sky has proven that he can run well on the grass.

I think that both of those races are grade 1 and with the amount of money in those races, the competition could be very tough in both of those races. Maybe Mark Casse will nominate one or both of those colts to those races and wait to see what kind of competition is going to be entered and then make up his mind whether it is worthwhile to enter one of both Sky Captain and Dynamic Sky.



Oops! It is on September 14 that those races will be run. The Ricoh Woodbine Mile is the million dollar race and the Northern Dancer Stakes is at 1 1/2 miles. The closing date for the nominations is on 8/27.

So, barring injury, I expect Dynamic Sky to be entered in the Sky Classic Stakes on 8/16 and one of those big stakes races on 9/14. Not sure about Sky Captain. I don't know if the Casse stable wants to try him on grass now that he has been doing so well on the all weather track. Of course, a million dollar purse is pretty tempting. Maybe Casse has another horse or horses in mind for the million dollar Ricoh Woodbine Mile.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:09 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
No dice today for Dynamic Sky. Finished 5th in the Sky Classic Stakes. Maybe he just had a bounce after racing well and finishing in the money in 2 straight graded stakes races. It seems like he has to win one (a graded stakes) one of these days. It was raining during the race, so that could be an excuse. He only finished 5 lengths back in a race that was 1 1/4 miles, so maybe it wasn't too bad. His next will probably be the graded Northern Dancer Stakes on September 14.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:56 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
Shawklit Won wrote:
I noticed that there are a couple of big stakes races on 8/27 at Woodbine. One is the $300,000. Northern Dancer Stakes and the other is a million dollar stakes race. Both races are graded and are on turf.

I wonder if Sky Captain or Dynamic Sky will be included in either of these races. Dynamic Sky is nominated for the Sky Classic Stakes on 8/16, which doesn't guarantee that he will be entered in that race.

Sky Captain has raced only on dirt so far, but he does have some turf in his pedigree. If you go back 7 generations, then Sky Captain is inbred to Northern Dancer 4x5x6x7 plus there is Round Table and a couple of crosses to Secretariat in his 5th generation. Going by pedigree, then I think that Sky Captain has as much or slightly more turf influences in his pedigree than Dynamic Sky, and I think that Dynamic Sky has proven that he can run well on the grass.

I think that both of those races are grade 1 and with the amount of money in those races, the competition could be very tough in both of those races. Maybe Mark Casse will nominate one or both of those colts to those races and wait to see what kind of competition is going to be entered and then make up his mind whether it is worthwhile to enter one of both Sky Captain and Dynamic Sky.



Oops! It is on September 14 that those races will be run. The Ricoh Woodbine Mile is the million dollar race and the Northern Dancer Stakes is at 1 1/2 miles. The closing date for the nominations is on 8/27.

So, barring injury, I expect Dynamic Sky to be entered in the Sky Classic Stakes on 8/16 and one of those big stakes races on 9/14. Not sure about Sky Captain. I don't know if the Casse stable wants to try him on grass now that he has been doing so well on the all weather track. Of course, a million dollar purse is pretty tempting. Maybe Casse has another horse or horses in mind for the million dollar Ricoh Woodbine Mile.




Sky Captain had his first workout since he raced in the Seagram Cup on 8/3. Not unusual, except that the workout was on turf. Could it be that Sky Captain is being prepped for either the million dollar Ricoh Woodbine Mile or the Northern Dancer Stakes which are both on 9/14 and are both on turf? We shall see. Nominations end today for both of those races, so we will probably see if Sky Captain and Dynamic Sky are nominated for one or both of those stakes races.

If they are nominated, it doesn't mean for sure that they will be entered, but it might mean that they are. Should be interesting to see what races they are nominated in and which horse is nominated in which race, and which races they end up entered in, if any.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:23 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
Shawklit Won wrote:
Shawklit Won wrote:
I noticed that there are a couple of big stakes races on 8/27 at Woodbine. One is the $300,000. Northern Dancer Stakes and the other is a million dollar stakes race. Both races are graded and are on turf.

I wonder if Sky Captain or Dynamic Sky will be included in either of these races. Dynamic Sky is nominated for the Sky Classic Stakes on 8/16, which doesn't guarantee that he will be entered in that race.

Sky Captain has raced only on dirt so far, but he does have some turf in his pedigree. If you go back 7 generations, then Sky Captain is inbred to Northern Dancer 4x5x6x7 plus there is Round Table and a couple of crosses to Secretariat in his 5th generation. Going by pedigree, then I think that Sky Captain has as much or slightly more turf influences in his pedigree than Dynamic Sky, and I think that Dynamic Sky has proven that he can run well on the grass.

I think that both of those races are grade 1 and with the amount of money in those races, the competition could be very tough in both of those races. Maybe Mark Casse will nominate one or both of those colts to those races and wait to see what kind of competition is going to be entered and then make up his mind whether it is worthwhile to enter one of both Sky Captain and Dynamic Sky.



Oops! It is on September 14 that those races will be run. The Ricoh Woodbine Mile is the million dollar race and the Northern Dancer Stakes is at 1 1/2 miles. The closing date for the nominations is on 8/27.

So, barring injury, I expect Dynamic Sky to be entered in the Sky Classic Stakes on 8/16 and one of those big stakes races on 9/14. Not sure about Sky Captain. I don't know if the Casse stable wants to try him on grass now that he has been doing so well on the all weather track. Of course, a million dollar purse is pretty tempting. Maybe Casse has another horse or horses in mind for the million dollar Ricoh Woodbine Mile.




Sky Captain had his first workout since he raced in the Seagram Cup on 8/3. Not unusual, except that the workout was on turf. Could it be that Sky Captain is being prepped for either the million dollar Ricoh Woodbine Mile or the Northern Dancer Stakes which are both on 9/14 and are both on turf? We shall see. Nominations end today for both of those races, so we will probably see if Sky Captain and Dynamic Sky are nominated for one or both of those stakes races.

If they are nominated, it doesn't mean for sure that they will be entered, but it might mean that they are. Should be interesting to see what races they are nominated in and which horse is nominated in which race, and which races they end up entered in, if any.




Did not get that quite right. It is the With Approval Stakes that the nominations are closing today on. The With Approval is a 100K stakes at 1 1/8 miles to be run on the 31st of August at Woodbine. That is the race that I thought Sky Captain would be running in, but now I am not so sure.

The nominations for the Ricoh Woodbine Mile and the Northern Dancer Stakes close on 8/27, so we will have to wait a week to see who is nominated.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dynamic Sky
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:10 pm 
Offline
Allowance Winner

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:45 pm
Posts: 387
Location: New York
Sky Captain is nominated to the 125K listed With Approval Stakes on 8/31. So, does that mean that he will run in the With Approval Stakes? Maybe. If he does run in the With Approval, could he still run in either the million dollar Ricoh Mile Stakes or the 300K Northern Dancer Stales on 9/14? Maybe.

The fact that Sky Captain just had a workout on turf indicates that his stable is considering running him in one of the grass races on 9/14. Nothing to do now but wait and see.

I am guessing that Dynamic Sky will be running in the 300K Northern Dancer Stakes (G1). If that is true, then maybe Sky Captain will run in the Ricoh Woodbine Mile. That way the 2 colts won't be running against each other. But they could.

_________________
Shawklit Won.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group