Turbo Compressor

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Turbo Compressor

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:03 pm

I liked Turbo Compressor when he was a racehorse. I saw him win the United Nations stakes (G1). He also won some other stakes races. His sire was Halo's image; a not very expensive stallion, but managed to get a big horse every now and then despite limited good breeding opportunities (Southern Image for one, who won 6 of 8 including graded stakes races like the Santa Anita Handicap. Southern Image never finished out of the money in any race.).

Turbo Compressor is at Northwest Stud at Ocala, Florida. I was a little disappointed when I noticed that he was only bred to 27 mares this year. His fee is listed at only $3,500. I think that he is a bargain at that price, especially if he can sire a big horse like his daddy.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Turbo Compressor

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Turbo Compressor used to run a little bit like Holy Bull. In his big wins, he went right to the front, and if he got away with easy fractions, then he was gone.

He was the dream of any small time outfit. Purchased for only $22,000, Turbo Compressor earned nearly a million dollars at the racetrack. They really got their money's worth with him.

Anyway, TC won going long and short, and won stakes on turf and on dirt. I enjoyed watching him race.
Shawklit Won.