Back to Pedigree Query
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:03 am 
Restricted Stakes Winner

I think the just announced Atreides is a good bet. Super fast but never got a chance to reach the heights he was going to reach. His Indiana race was a toss, this guy was grade one all the way. Will get great support from Stonestreet and Hill N Dale so his foals will sell well too. In Maryland I like Super Ninety Nine, a son of Pulpit who showed some brilliance, great bottom line as well. In Louisiana I like Apriority. I researched him quite a bit while he was racing. He has a great disposition, is nicely made, and was fast. Some may not think of Grand Slam as a sire of sires because of Strong Hope's failure but Strong Hope was a big clunky type not like Apriority at all. I also like that his damsire is by Storm Bird. For those with money I think Verrazano's will sell very well and I see the Noble Mission's battling some Kitten's in the years to come and I suspect quite a few will make it over to Europe to race.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:23 am 
Eclipse Champion

Agreed on Atreides. It is a little hard to get past such a short career, but all of these horses these days aren't really lasting long anyway. Love the pedigree on him, love the talent and the speed. I think he is very attractive at that price.

I am also a huge fan of Super Ninety Nine, and he is a WOW horse.

I think Noble Mission is just beautiful and obviously has a wonderful pedigree, but I am not sure how he will do over here.

My freshman sire of choice this year is Fed Biz. That horse has a great pedigree and was super, super fast. The price is reasonable too. He retired without a career ending injury too, which is a big plus.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:29 pm 
2yo Maiden

Cree I must agree with you on Super Ninety Nine! You nailed it with "WOW" horse. I can't think of another stud that I've seen exit training looking like he does. I wish he had held up better but I'm not sure his genetics were at fault there. I rarely do much with regional sires but I actually bought into him because I liked the similarity in pedigree to Tapit and was completely won over by the powerful physical.

Oliverstoned, I hope you're right about the Verrazanos! I have an open mare that's going to him so I'm gunning to have the first one to hit the ground.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:37 pm 
Allowance Winner

I believe Super Ninety-nine is in the share the upside program. Any thoughts on that? 5K for 2yrs then free