Materiality is now retired

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Materiality is now retired

Postby Cree » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:16 am

5 starts.
Young, lightly raced, and injured Pletcher trainees, regardless of how well-bred or talented, are flooding the stallion market.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Re: Materiality is now retired

Postby geowarrior » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:33 am

Hi Cree

Sorry I posted a new topic on this before I realized you'd already started one. Yes, isn't someone noticing the tendency of Pletcher 3 yo trainees not to be able to finish out their 3 yo season? Materiality, Carpe Diem, and another favorite of mine Danza spring immediately to mind.

That being said, what do you think of Materiality as a potential stallion?

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:02 pm

I haven't seen him in person, so I can't comment on his physical.

Pedigree is fantastic. Lots of good racehorses on dam's side. Afleet Alex is a good sire, don't know what to make of him as a sire of sires since none of them are old enough and so far they haven't been the most fashionable of sire prospects.

Racing career is a hard one to really gauge. He was really good in the Florida Derby (and his first 3 wins), then like many Pletcher horses just faded away. Peak to soon? I don't get very excited about Florida Derby winners anymore.

I am sure there are plenty others to go to out there, other than this fellow. Of course if a mare matches up nicely with him physically and pedigree-wise, why not?

jeff9061
Yearling

Postby jeff9061 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Where did Materiality end up? Last I read "stallion plans were pending."