Scat Daddy

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Bobster
Maiden Special Weight

Scat Daddy

Postby Bobster » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:05 am

Scat Daddy has had a tremendous year as a sire so far, especially with his juvenile runners. Here's a look at his success.

http://regalbloodlines.com/2015/09/25/s ... e-in-2015/

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Re: Scat Daddy

Postby Mahubah » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:41 pm

Good post.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Bobster wrote:Scat Daddy has had a tremendous year as a sire so far, especially with his juvenile runners. Here's a look at his success.

http://regalbloodlines.com/2015/09/25/s ... e-in-2015/

This bodes well for the Storm Cat sire line. Between Scat Daddy and Giant's Causeway, the Storm Cat sire line should be alive and doing well long after I'm gone.
Shawklit Won.

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:38 pm

"... the Storm Cat sire line should be alive and doing well long after I'm gone."

Don't count on it. I once felt the same way about Hyperion, Princequillo and Ribot. Then, thanks to some good minds here, I came to understand that the entire concept of a stallion line is genetically meaningless and at best merely a convenient form of pedigree bookkeeping.
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:33 am

Patuxet wrote:"... the Storm Cat sire line should be alive and doing well long after I'm gone."

Don't count on it. I once felt the same way about Hyperion, Princequillo and Ribot. Then, thanks to some good minds here, I came to understand that the entire concept of a stallion line is genetically meaningless and at best merely a convenient form of pedigree bookkeeping.

I guess that's true. The fact that some sire lines last and others don't is probably more due to luck than anything else. If Raise a Native and Nashua were not both at Spendthrift, then it's unlikely that there would be a Mr. Prospector sire line, and now it is probably the biggest in the country.

The Hyperion, Princequillo, and Ribot sire lines are almost gone now, but they are in a lot of pedigrees if you go back far enough.

As for Storm Cat's line, there are also stallions like Line of David, Into Mischief, and others to go along with Giant's Causeway and Scat Daddy, so Storm Cat's sire line should be around for awhile, but like you said, it's meaningless, unless you are making some money from it.
Shawklit Won.