Uncle Mo as a potential Classic sire

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Uncle Mo as a potential Classic sire

Postby Mahubah » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:20 pm

With both Nyquist and Mo Tom on the Triple Crown trail (more coming, I'm sure), we should have a fair idea of how Uncle Mo shapes up as a potential classic sire. I've posted my own opinion on "Hoofprints" (http://www.americanclassicpedigrees.com/hoofprints).
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Uncle Mo as a potential Classic sire

Postby Georgerz » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:57 pm

I always love and enjoy reading your articles. You are such a gifted writer. Thank you very much.
Just out of curiosity, shouldn't the third paragraph at the beginning read "neither Nyquist or Mo Tom looks" ...

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:05 pm

I hope that Uncle Mo does well in all respects. He sure seems to be doing well so far.
Shawklit Won.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:34 am

I have a hard time getting behind Coolmore stallions. So many of them look incredible the first 5 seasons, then sputter out.
Nyquist had a sensational season last year, but I see the crop catching up with him over the spring. Of course, I find this years crop a bit slow and wanting (compared to last years!).

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Georgerz wrote:I always love and enjoy reading your articles. You are such a gifted writer. Thank you very much.
Just out of curiosity, shouldn't the third paragraph at the beginning read "neither Nyquist or Mo Tom looks" ...

Thanks for the feedback, Georgez. "Neither" always gets paired with the conjunction "nor"; if I'd said "either," then of course I'd use "or." The neither/nor construction makes it plain that both alternates presented fail to satisfy whatever condition or hypothesis the remainder of the sentence presents.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Actually I was confused by the third paragraph - I think you named Uncle Mo there instead of Mo Tom?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:16 pm

madelyn wrote:Actually I was confused by the third paragraph - I think you named Uncle Mo there instead of Mo Tom?

So I did. :oops: