Jack Milton

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

Jack Milton

Postby CherryDavis » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:56 am

Has anyone seen him? I have not seen him in person but my broodmare manager where I send my mares has looked at him and liked him. He seems like a bargain to me as a G1 winning son of War Front, from the family of War Pass (who seemed poised to be a solid stallion if not for his early demise) for $6,500. Any thoughts?

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Re: Jack Milton

Postby Tappiano » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:34 am

The only thing I heard about him is his size and that he's typical for the Danzig line. I won't be in Lexington until after my mare foals, but I think I'm going to take a look at him. I can ask one of my friends who I think has seen him, how big she thinks he is. Otherwise I've heard he's nice. I know one person who is in a share the upside kind of program, breed twice and get a lifetime breeding right.

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

Postby CherryDavis » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:51 am

I decided to go ahead and book him. I talked to Pope a couple days ago and they already have over 100 mares to him. My mare is a huge mare that throws big and correct and her family loves anything Danzig so hopefully they'll compliment each other.

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:13 am

Gonna bump this to ask what's up with his babies? So far I keep seeing RNAs, no sales. The highest RNA was $37,000 but mostly it's no bid or barely a bid. They didn't seem that rough when I watched them turning in the ring on the FT July Select Yearling Sale live stream. This can't be a good sign for him which is a shame. I don't understand why such low demand.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:35 am

I think it might be called "lack of support" - ie Jack Milton's connections are not stepping up and buying any of his babies so really no one else is either.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....