Exaggerator to Winstar upon retirement

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Exaggerator to Winstar upon retirement

Postby Cree » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:26 am

Winstar likes what they see...I hope he gets to at least finish the year out!
I love this horse's pedigree - with Bold Ruckus in there and some nice stakes horses like Embur's Song, Ten Flat, and Embattle.

http://bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/arti ... ter-racing

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Exaggerator to Winstar upon retirement

Postby kimberley mine » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:26 pm

He is a Gr-1 winning son of Curlin whose pedigree is free of most of the hooks that Curlin likes (notably Storm Cat) and who is actually quite cleverly bred.

His dam side is loaded with old-school Canadian breeding...Nijinsky, his half-brother The Minstrel, two crosses to Victoria Park (half-brother to Vice Regent's dam). His third dam, Vevila, is the product of genetic siblings The Minstrel and Chou Fleur. These bloodlines like to be bred back to one another, and it's not surprising that many of Curlin's better foals (as well as Smart Strike's) come off of this cross. Exaggerator's dam also has a cross to Double Jay via Bold Ruckus....Double Jay is like magic with the Firetop family, and is present in Curlin through Nodouble.

Aside from Storm Cat, Danzig and especially Langfuhr and Belong to Me mares would be targets for Exaggerator. So would Sky Classic, Regal Classic, Dance with Ravens, Scatter the Gold, Quadrangle. Albert the Great mares would be interesting to tie into the In My Cap family. Last but not least, mares with the Windy Answer family (Ciboulette, Fanfreluche, L'Enjoleur, Night Shift, Chapel Royal, Barachois, Kitten's Joy).

That's a big chunk of the broodmare population, and if he runs on and is later priced well, he can get a lot of nice mares that will suit his breeding.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat May 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Winstar is looking pretty smart today. This horse continues to add to his resume.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Wed May 25, 2016 4:39 pm

If he can learn to sit closer to the pace before letting loose with that foot, he will have a big fall.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:55 am

He did not get to finish the year out.
I'm guessing a price of $25 or $30,000.
I've never really thought he looked like Curlin, a lighter framed horse. Didn't win them all but he danced all the dances and liked the mud. I wasn't expecting much from him in the Classic anyway, he's tailed off a little. Love his pedigree.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Constitution got a full book at 25 so I'm guessing 35 for Exaggerator.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:29 am

30K for him
15 for Outwork and 10 for Speightster.
SIdney's Candy and Drosselmeyer evicted from the farm.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:25 pm

Will be interesting to see how popular he is. A good solid racehorse, one of the best of his crop (at least to date), but this crop hasn't been incredibly inspiring.
Also, a son of Curlin, we really have no idea if he will sire good sires, although I suspect he will as his whole sire line is golden. I do love Exaggerator's female family. Would love to hear what people think of his physical.

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:10 pm

I heard that Sidney's Candy is going overseas. Does anyone know where.

Where is Drosselmeyer's new home going to be?

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Cree wrote:Will be interesting to see how popular he is. A good solid racehorse, one of the best of his crop (at least to date), but this crop hasn't been incredibly inspiring.
Also, a son of Curlin, we really have no idea if he will sire good sires, although I suspect he will as his whole sire line is golden. I do love Exaggerator's female family. Would love to hear what people think of his physical.

Isn't he a little long and sway backed? Hard to tell as I've only seen him in tack, but . . .
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:46 pm

Not really....

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:47 pm