Made You Look

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Made You Look

Postby Shawklit Won » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Made You Look is a 4 year old son of More Than Ready and has won graded stakes races. His BM sire is Unbridled's Song. His owner is Three Chimney's Farm. He recently finished 2nd in the Poker Stakes.

What do people here think of Made You Look as a stallion prospect?
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Made You Look

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Made You Look looks like a good prospect to me. His pedigree looks pretty good and he is a grandson of Serena's song.

Being that he is owned by Three Chimneys, he may end up standing there, or maybe they will stand him somewhere else.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:14 pm

I think there is a good chance that Made You Look will end up in Australia. He has done all of his running on grass, and Three Chimneys may decide to send him down under as a result. Some of More Than Ready's turf horses have already been sent to Australia.
Shawklit Won.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:18 am

I believe Three Chimneys is owned by a Chilean conglomerate. With that in mind, I expect he'd go to somewhere in South America before Australia.

There isn't a lot of grass racing in Chile (life in a desert is like that) but I could see him doing very well in Brazil.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:22 am

You could be right.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Made You Look was off for over 10 months before coming back and winning an allowance race at Belmont this year on 5/11/18. Evidently, he had some kind of injury after his last 2017 race on July 2nd. I wonder if anyone here knows what kind of injury it was?
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Made You Look has not been working out just lately, so maybe he has some kind of injury at the moment.

Could be that we will hear some kind of news about him going to stud soon. Maybe Three Chimneys, or Australia someplace, or Chili or Brazil. Should be interesting if he is going to stud.

Made You Look's BM sire is Unbridled's Song, so even though he was a grass horse, he should be able to sire some horses that can run well on dirt. Maybe Three Chimneys.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Three Chimneys farm announced their stud fees today, and it did not include any new stallions. Don't know if that means that Three Chimneys is not taking on any new stallions for the 2019 breeding season, but some farms have announced new additions along with current stallions stud fees.

For instance, Winstar announced their fees for 2019 yesterday and it included new stallions for 2019 Always Dreaming and Good Samaritan. Always Dreaming won the Kentucky Derby and Florida Derby. Good Samaritan won graded stakes races on turf and on dirt and won graded stakes races at ages 2, 3, and 4.
Shawklit Won.