Free stallions..

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Free stallions..

Postby madelyn » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:44 am

Charles Fipke has announced he is waiving all 2020 fees on his three stallions at Darby Dan.. something to jump on if you have a mare to book late. Tale of Ekati, Tale of Verve and Bee Jersey. I am booking one to Tale of Ekati.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: Free stallions..

Postby Joltman » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:33 pm

Tale of Ekati is no slouch. Would breed to him in a heartbeat if there was any sense of a future right now. Bad time to get back in. Who knows what things will look like in 2 months, let alone 2 years.

What are the Ky folks saying about all the virus hullabaloo - and more importantly what are breeders and sales folks doing?

take care Madelyn...

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:17 am

Yes, but they did not approve my filly for TOE.. however they did approve her for Tale of Verve. Being a Thabit daughter, Smokin Hot Number needed another stallion so I took that. TOV was 2nd in the Preakness - they must like him a lot to stand him. It's worth a shot.
I got a client's mare approved for free to Bee Jersey.

The map of Louisville on the news had red dots where there were cases of the virus.. the lower right blob where my farm lies was blank, as was the very upper right where I have the racehorses. Those are the two places I go. We are both old codgers and my husband says if he got it he would die. Literally. We are pretty healthy, fit and strong though. I don't know what anyone is saying I am very busy social distancing :D. I am training on because I think racing will resume with a jerk of the neck, they will drop a condition book and you will have 7 days or so to get ready. I will Be Ready.

Take care yourself, jm thanks for your interest.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:05 am

I refuse to call myself an old codger, despite what other people say...

I read an article (I can forward) that shows how physical exercise with the muscles at work produces a chemical in the bloodstream that greatly slows the virus's ability to wreak havoc. If they wanted to test that, all they would need to do is go to the horse people and test them. Working 24/7 - 365 might be a great antidote to this thing. Being in your own environment gives you a lot more control as well, and the interactions at the track can be minimized. It should be workable if the governors can be convinced. Some businesses can manage this.

There's a lot of financial loss though, especially in small businesses needing human interactions, so those that can't be self-sustaining are going to struggle despite fed gov loans that last a short time. The big dogs can ride it out, but it's all the other regular folks, including those in the racing world, I'm more concerned about.

I'll be looking to see that condition book. ..

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:05 pm

madelyn wrote:Yes, but they did not approve my filly for TOE.. however they did approve her for Tale of Verve. Being a Thabit daughter, Smokin Hot Number needed another stallion so I took that. TOV was 2nd in the Preakness - they must like him a lot to stand him. It's worth a shot.
I got a client's mare approved for free to Bee Jersey.

The map of Louisville on the news had red dots where there were cases of the virus.. the lower right blob where my farm lies was blank, as was the very upper right where I have the racehorses. Those are the two places I go. We are both old codgers and my husband says if he got it he would die. Literally. We are pretty healthy, fit and strong though. I don't know what anyone is saying I am very busy social distancing :D. I am training on because I think racing will resume with a jerk of the neck, they will drop a condition book and you will have 7 days or so to get ready. I will Be Ready.

Take care yourself, jm thanks for your interest.

BTW, Tale of Verve's full sister is Verve's Tale, who won $636,000 at the racetrack and was a force in graded stakes races. So, that is a point in TOV's favor as a sire.

You probably already knew that, but just in case.
Shawklit Won.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:35 am

Thanks for the info. Smokin Hot Number got in foal one cover on 5/23 to TOV so I am pretty happy about that. My client's mare also got in foal to Bee Jersey.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Postby Shawklit Won » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:58 pm

Congratulations, Hope they have great racing careers.
Shawklit Won.