Vekoma

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Re: Vekoma

Postby Tappiano » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:11 pm

Ah yes here comes BYB extraordinaire to get his digs in at another. How's your program working out for you these days?

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:55 pm

So, it sounds like somebody was rejected a breeding to Candy Ride or one of his sons and started this bash CR thread in retaliation, getneven. and apparently, it takes an alias to two to get the job done. Why pretty much a dead forum now. I got one at auction recently , we'll see how it goes.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:42 am

Not at all, Jeff. The OP was asking about Vekoma, who is a distinct paddler, and whether that was a heritable trait. Since Vekoma's sire, Candy Ride was a distinct paddler, and Vekoma is also, in his case it is likely inherited. This thread has had nothing to do with Candy Ride except that he is the sire of the horse being discussed. Horses don't throw their legs around out of alignment by choice. Paddlers and wingers generally have some bones out of alignment on the offending leg. Whether or not the misalignment is genetic was the topic of this discussion.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:06 pm

"A G1 winner, by a G1 winner, out of a G1 winner.
My question- his running style-call it what you will...winging out, egg beater, whatever the heck it looks like....in your opinion will that get passed on?"

That wasn't a question, it was a bash. I just watched another winner for Candy Ride, Gulf Stream race #12. won by the #5 mare Hiawalla, spell check.

All the winning they do at the graded stakes level, there's nothing paddling or winging to very much or the win wouldn't be there. Ever consider breeding a few winners before becoming a forum expert? You'd be lucky to get a Candy Ride in your claiming barn.

Just how many alias can a person have on this forum. Seems very one personish to me.

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:24 pm

Gulf Stream race #11. A son of Twirling Candy just won his first start in a bitterly fought fight at the end. A wonderful win.

rudydee
Maiden Special Weight

Postby rudydee » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:46 am

Jeff wrote:"A G1 winner, by a G1 winner, out of a G1 winner.
My question- his running style-call it what you will...winging out, egg beater, whatever the heck it looks like....in your opinion will that get passed on?"
That wasn't a question, it was a bash.

Jeff- why so angry? R-E-L-A-X.
It was a question- wasn`t a bash.
Reason for the question-I have never considered breeding to a stallion with that type of action before.
I am just looking for other opinions out there- besides the ones from the farms.
Also, please know I have bred multiple black type stake winners and stakes placed horses over the past 25 years.
Have had the incredible pleasure of being in the winner`s circle at Saratoga and Belmont with horses I have bred/owned.
I sure would like to do that again and again!