Sky Kingdom is off to Ohio!

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Sky Kingdom is off to Ohio!

Postby madelyn » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:05 am

I just saw this horse a couple of weeks ago and was sorting through to see who I could send.. I have a Gorgeous Sky Kingdom colt I got in November. And now he is off to Ohio. Sigh.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

MaresRest
Suckling

Re: Sky Kingdom is off to Ohio!

Postby MaresRest » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:38 am

Always liked Sky Kingdom Good looking, honest record, sire line that's underrepresented in Kentucky, and one of the best immediate female families.

But clearly he wasn't what breeders were looking for. It was painful to see some of the stallion season auctions this year with two or three Sky Kingdom seasons not getting an opening bid at $500. I'd've liked to get a runner by him, but anyone breeding for the sales ring couldn't consider him.

Hope he finds a mare population in Ohio that suits him, and breeders smart enough to try him.
-----
Mares' Rest is a retirement facility for Thoroughbred broodmares. We're currently seeking 501(c)(3) certification.
This Pedigree Online account is monitored by Scot Gillies.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:47 am

Yup that's the feeling going around. The Sky Kingdom colt I have is gorgeous

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:52 am

As far as the auctions go, I'm not buying, and paying up front for, NG ever again. Bought lots. Only ever got one live foal. Rather pay a fee LFSN. I can often do better dealing with the farm direct and get something fair. I do think the auctions are kind of a bellweather - if they look weak, maybe the overall market is weak.