question on stallion history

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

sulphurfire
Allowance Winner

question on stallion history

Postby sulphurfire » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:58 am

I used to work with a horse called Total Tom. I was told he raced and won here in Louisiana. He's listed on here but none of his foals are. How would I go about otherwise finding out his race record and how many foals were registered? I figure this type question has been answered before,but thanks in advance for the answer.
"The rewards, whether for winning or for losing, offer almost irresistible temptations to race a two-year-old more times than are good for them." John Hay Whitney at the annual testimonial dinner in October 1963 for the Thoroughbred Club of America

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:48 am

Equineline.com has all sorts of reports you can buy and print for your research. They're not terribly expensive for the occasional report.
Rocking H

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:40 pm

Total Tom ran three years, 27-6-3-3, and earned $83,480. He won a couple of small stakes in LA - the Bayouland Sales Stakes & the Jean Lafitte Derby.

I stumbled across one foal by him - a '90 filly named Total Tomboy. I added her to the database. To get the full list, Henthorn's suggestion is right on. :)

sulphurfire
Allowance Winner

Postby sulphurfire » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:16 pm

Thanks Lucy and Henthorn.
"The rewards, whether for winning or for losing, offer almost irresistible temptations to race a two-year-old more times than are good for them." John Hay Whitney at the annual testimonial dinner in October 1963 for the Thoroughbred Club of America