Lexington stallion views

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Spain
Yearling

Postby Spain » Sat May 28, 2005 8:28 pm

I was wondering if anyone has seen Harlan's Holiday, and what their opinion of him is. Also has anyone been able to see Thunder Gulch. If so how is he looking?

FloridaGators
2yo Maiden

Postby FloridaGators » Sun May 29, 2005 4:04 pm

here's a great site if you want details on a particular stallion's conformation: www.thoroughbredreview.com/Conformation.htm

Pete
Grade I Winner

Postby Pete » Sun May 29, 2005 4:47 pm

Hi Florida,

Thanks for the site.

Went there and looked at their sample stallion, Kafwain.

Their description is rather simplistic. Also saying that a horse appears to be upright in the pasterns means that you need to move him to see his stand differently and then make the assesment.

He seems cow hocked as well, but that's not mentioned.

I guess nothing's better than seeing for yourself.

Regards,

Pete

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Sun May 29, 2005 5:47 pm

I agree with Pete. I went and looked at the sample conformation evaluation of Kafwain which is mostly useless. It includes comments like:

Height: very tall :?:

Feet: toes out slightly in right (I don't even know what that means...is he out on the left and in on the right? or should it read "toes out slightly on right"?

Even if you can't go to the farm and take a look, there have to be better ways of finding out what a stallion looks like than that.

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Sun May 29, 2005 7:37 pm

Hi, Spain, welcome to the forum. I have seen Harlan's Holiday when he first retired from racing, and again last fall. He's now a grand-looking guy, and looks the part. I don't recall any significant problems with him.
Rocking H