Which young stallions have genuine MARKET APPEAL ?

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:30 pm

hi freddymo

It'll be interesting to see who the Phipps' mares will be bred to in 2005 and 2006.

The list of elite MADE stallions seems quite thin...but I suggest Elusive Quality may be a horse worthy of their consideration.

It'll be interesting to see if they go that route.

Respectfully

freddymo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby freddymo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:17 pm

I would have thought they would have GONE WEST already

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:32 am

hi freddymo

Yes...but wouldn't you think that Elusive Quality would be a very welcome new-kid-on-the-block.

Respectfully

LSB
Grade II Winner

Postby LSB » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:57 am

Considering the results he had in 2002 and 2003, I'd hardly call Elusive Quality a new kid on the block.

freddymo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby freddymo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:05 am

My Gone West point is that they never went to him so why would they now go to a Goine West son.. If they never used the PaPa why would they want the son? They have used Deputy Minister, Storm Cat, Indy, Danzig, Seeking,Mr P, Private Account, Slew? Monarchos and Forest wildcat recently

FOS
Freshman Sire

Postby FOS » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:22 am

hi LSB

I suggest that it is only NOW that the market may be willing to include Elusive Quality among the elite sires.

Yes he's been on the scene for several years (but has only 3 crops to race thru 2004)...and I suggest it may have taken all that time to convince many (if not most) that he is special, and that he could consistently sire the quality of race horses that he often does. I suggest EQ was being watched very closely by many (and still may be)...wondering if he may stumble.

Arguably...he's answered most (if not all) of the questions...regarding his ability to sire race horses.

Well...EQ's done it three years in a row now (from his first crop of 2 year-olds in 2002)...and I suggest his consistent accomplishments separate him from the ordinary (or even the good) and catapult him into the elite-sires category.

Arguably, it's only recently that many may consider him worthy of consideration as an elite sire...therefore I suggest that he is the new-kid-on-the-block in the elite-sires category.

Respectfully

freddymo
Maiden Special Weight

Postby freddymo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:01 pm

There isn't much to knock on EQ ,but I don't think Phipps and family will use the stallion because they must not have a great opinion of Gone West. I can find no Phipps horses with Gone West. I will take an EQ any day of the week. I have no idea why they have not given Gone West or EQ a shot. You know P Ensign, Versailles Treaty, Inside Infomation , Educated Risk, Heavenly prize and company might do great with a little GW. I am excited to see the Monarchos/PE yearling get going this spring. I think she/he is 2 not sure? I have no idea why Monarchos was given P ensign?