Ethel Says Thanks for sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

pam
Yearling

Ethel Says Thanks for sale

Postby pam » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:36 am

I was wondering what you thought this mare might be worth. I have toooo many and need to sale a few. I have several pictures of her to email to anyone interested. I also have a draftcross for sale as well.
Thanks for your time. :)

pam
Yearling

Postby pam » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:32 am

I forgot to mention she is 16.3"/17.hh. A bay by Charlie Barley, out of Rullah Magen. She is registered but did not race due to ankle deformity. She is rideable. I have rode her a couple of times, and she has a very nice/smooth gait. I think she could be a very nice riding mare, but was interested in what the panel thought as to her worth as a broodmare.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:53 am

Wow. She is finally in the database after I entered her first, second and third dams!

There are some interesting old bloodlines in this mare's pedigree, but the absence of much in the way of a serious racehorse in her family doesn't do much for her in the way of adding value to her as a racing broodmare.

She is worth what your local market will pay for a tall, young Thoroughbred mare. When you say "ankle deformity" I trust you are not referring to a defect at birth which could be passed on?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

pam
Yearling

Postby pam » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:22 pm

No. I don't think it was a birth deformity, but an injury that occured when she was young. They said they took her to a Vet to have it fixed/pinned, but it did not heal right. In other words, I don't think they put her in a cast when it was done.

pam
Yearling

Postby pam » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:29 pm

What I do find interesting, is you said she had to be entered into the database. I printed out her pedigree last fall from the database, so I wonder how she got "lost" betweeen then and now. I also wonder about the prepotence of the Charlie Barley genes, since I saw a half sibling who looked pretty much identical to her. Neither Ethel nor her half-sibling sister "look" very feminin in the face. But, I do have a mare and foal stabled next to Ethel and she is deffinitely interested in the pair. So, I do think she has the "mothering" nature.

adrienne
Allowance Winner

Postby adrienne » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:21 pm

Random... but I had a Charlie Barley gelding here at the farm.

He's an eventer now! :)

http://csammisrun.net/adrienne/gallery/barley/jump1

I've never seen another... he looks a lot like the mare (and his brothers).

~Adrienne

pam
Yearling

Postby pam » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:41 am

Sorry, I've been kind of busy with some other things, but I wanted to get back to your response about your gelding. I went to the link you had listed and there was a picture of a bay. I take it that is the horse in question? Anyway, I don't know how to put a picture of my mare on the website but I have several I can email. It's kind of hard to tell from photos, but he sure looks alot like my mare. So, if that's true. ... That's 3 for 3 that look alike but come from different mares.