Tapit Filly - Updated 7-15-07 PICTURE ADDED ;)

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

clh
Grade I Winner

Tapit Filly - Updated 7-15-07 PICTURE ADDED ;)

Postby clh » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:39 am

Here's a picture of our Tapit filly that will hopefully be heading to the sales in September. Thoughts on her are welcome.

[img][img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/cherhop/Birdstone-Scrimshaw-Tapit-11-26--1.jpg[/img][/img]
Last edited by clh on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

TB Dreamin'
Maiden Special Weight

Tapit BEAUTY!!

Postby TB Dreamin' » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:50 pm

Wow-she's gorgeous...nice shoulder, good heart girth, pretty face, and with the money-getting color, to boot!

Good Luck to you, I'd love to hear how she does! :D

I was just looking at a mare infoal to Tapit in the FT Kentucky Mixed Sale...

Cheers!
Amy

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:53 pm

Thanks! She is a looker I think :) Did I also mention she's ornery as all get out? The Tapits have done very well so far in the sales so buying a mare in foal to him might not be a bad thing!

I will keep you posted on how she does throughout the coming months. I've got a consignor coming to take a look at her in mid-February so we'll see what she has to say about her.

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

TB Dreamin'
Maiden Special Weight

Tapit Filly

Postby TB Dreamin' » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:13 pm

:lol: Hey, thanks-I'd love to know how you do, Tapit is gorgeous himself, I was just drooling over him at Stallion Register Online...you can get a free Weanling, Yearling, 2 year old, and racing age printout on the sire of your choice at Brisnet (10 total!!) for the month of Feb.! I did Tapit, myself, as I'm interested in the in-foal mare, and confirmed, he sells well in the ring!! Love to hear how you do!

Amy :roll: just in from dumping frozen water buckets...sigh.

Derring
Starters Handicap

Postby Derring » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:40 am

Chl:

She's a beauty! And I believe she knows it--looks like she has a lot of sass. I love 'em like that. I know September is far down the line but keep us posted on this one.

What is her dam's name?
"Animals are such agreeable friends--they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."
-----George Eliot

jagger
Grade III Winner

filly

Postby jagger » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:26 am

WOW!! More Pix, please!! Who is her mom?

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:01 am

I'll get more pictures soon.

Her dam is McCaskill by Copelan out of Bally Bis (IRE).

We call her McTapit here at the farm but haven't named her since we felt whoever bought her would want to name her.

She is rotten ornery. So full of herself and frisky! She looks and acts like a dog in the snow - running her nose down in it and rolling :)

Thanks for the comments guys. She's the little lady who passed my two boys up in size (the Birdstone colt and Scrimshaw colt)

clh

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:58 am

She's gotta bring big bucks. Too gorgeous not to. Hey maybe she's got lots of competitive fire. You know if she does well at the sale or on the track we're part of the proud aunts and uncles club here and we'll be cheering.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Heidilady wrote:She's gotta bring big bucks. Too gorgeous not to. Hey maybe she's got lots of competitive fire. You know if she does well at the sale or on the track we're part of the proud aunts and uncles club here and we'll be cheering.

I don't know about BIG bucks - I'm just hoping she holds together until September :) You know how some yearlings do - so far she's doing pretty well. And thanks for thinking she's goregous - we all think our own are nice but t is always nice to know others do too! I have a consignor coming up this week to take a look at her so I'll let you know her thoughts.

We all need lots of aunts and uncles - including this rotten ornery filly !

serenarider
Allowance Winner

Postby serenarider » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:26 am

Clh,
She is very nice. You can see the sass in her eyes:) Want mth was she born she is very well put together for a yearling. She is not in a yuck stage, Has she gone through one already?

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:39 am

She is a May 7 foal. No - she really hasn't gone through a yuck stage yet and she really isn't all that furry - but of course she's had to be in the stall at night - as I have a mare under lights AND THE REST OF THE FREAKING MARES KNOW WHEN ONE IS THE IN BARN AND THEY WILL NOT AND I REPEAT NOT STAY OUTSIDE IF ONE OF THEM IS INSIDE!!! Besides, I'm a woose - if it is really cold I'd bring them in anyhow. So, the filly has to come in too :) Hopefully she'll get the yuck stage out soon and not let it hit around June or July (HA). That would be just my luck......

C

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:34 pm

What's the yuck stage, is that spring shedding?

serenarider
Allowance Winner

Postby serenarider » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:00 pm

geowarrior What's the yuck stage, is that spring shedding

That would be when there Growing in all directions :lol: I really hate the Ass high direction :?

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:02 pm

Well, at least you know her coat is past the awkward stage. :wink: I once groomed a yearling that was a greying chestnut....just as KeeSep rolled around, he turned a ghastly shade of pink. :shock:

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:05 pm

Lucy wrote:Well, at least you know her coat is past the awkward stage. :wink: I once groomed a yearling that was a greying chestnut....just as KeeSep rolled around, he turned a ghastly shade of pink. :shock:

Oh my god Lucy - you better not have jinxed her :lol: Her coat has always been very nice - hopefully it will stay that way.