Tapit Filly - Updated 7-15-07 PICTURE ADDED ;)

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:04 pm

Thanks guys - I appreciate all the sympathy :wink: I've felt like I needed today.

And thanks too for thinking she looked great - we thought so too!!

C
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Filly

Postby KBEquine » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:17 pm

We feel your pain [went through it earlier this month] and really thought she'd sell well.

On to the 2 y.o. in training sales . . . hopefully after them, we'll be saying:

She who laughs last . . .

zinn21
3rd Year Sire

Postby zinn21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:14 am

It's funny- in another thread I posted how I thought the Tapit's were going cheaper than they looked and then I discover this thread.

Regarding your 2yold in training plans; she will probably only sell well if she works well so that's your challenge.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:08 pm

Oh I'm with you there zinn21 - there is an always "what if" to every plan - so you better have a plan "B"and a C and a D. So, if she doesn't work well - we'll either race her ourselves OR as the granddaughter (who I swear jinxed me by saying nannie you can't sell my Tapit pony) - will have a new paddock ornament, I mean she won't be worth alot as a broodmare when that time comes if she doesn't race :(

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:52 pm

clh - That is tough :( I can understand your disappointment. I hope that she kicks arse at the track and shows everyone what they missed out on!
We had one go through (a Theatrical with clean xrays and scope) for only $15,000 because she was on the small side. What can you do :?
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

henthorn
Eclipse Champion

Postby henthorn » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:57 am

Sorry I was late on my response, C. I recall a formula for setting reserve prices from years ago that made sense to me. Figure what you think the horse will bring at auction, then set the reserve at 60% of that. And if you can't afford to train or board another prospective runner, don't place a reserve at all (and hope to get at least minimum bid).

We must remember that we as consignors are concentrating our focus on just one or two horses, while the bidders are confronted by numerous distractions and choices.

I have "oohed and aawed" over many a sales yearling over the years at the barn that I didn't bid on later, for one reason or another, when the individual went through the ring. But an eager consignor probably assumed I would be buying or bidding up his charge, and was later disappointed that there was no pressure to buy his yearling when the time came.
Rocking H

judi
Allowance Winner

Postby judi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:02 am

Best of luck with her, whatever you end up doing.
It is a tough business, but sometimes things work out for the best.
Hopefully, it will in this situation.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:05 am

Have talked to the trainer several times that has the filly since the September sale. He told me yesterday that if he knew what she was like he would have bought her for himself ;) So far, he says she's a dream and is doing terrific! Although he did mention that she has already bitten several people at his barn :lol: No one ever said she didn't have a mind of her own!

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:47 am

clh wrote:Have talked to the trainer several times that has the filly since the September sale. He told me yesterday that if he knew what she was like he would have bought her for himself ;) So far, he says she's a dream and is doing terrific! Although he did mention that she has already bitten several people at his barn :lol: No one ever said she didn't have a mind of her own!

Great to hear that she's doing so well! Maybe the buy-back will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I hope she's a big hit at that 2YO sale. :)

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:29 pm

So sorry clh, I thought she was beautiful. Good to hear she has attitude in any case. If you can bear the training expenses, she may yet bear fruit, albeit not in the way you expected. Good luck with her.

And Henthorn, haven't seen a post from you for a while, good to hear your insights again.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Seems McTapit can run?

Postby dublino » Thu May 15, 2008 12:20 pm

http://auctions.bloodhorse.com/article/45223.htm

A Tapit filly and Speightstown colt, both members of their sires’ first crops, were the quickest at a quarter mile, each covering the distance in :21 2/5.

Consigned by Randy Miles, agent, the Tapit filly is out of the 17-year-old winning Copelan mare McCaskill, who is a half-sister to stakes winner and grade III producer Bright Bliss.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Thu May 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Ah dublino - thanks for bringing this back. We'll see if we're glad or not that we bought her back in September on Monday :wink:

bayrabicano
Allowance Winner

Postby bayrabicano » Thu May 15, 2008 6:42 pm

Here's hoping that you'll be glad! All the best to you.
"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."
- Michelangelo

Sam
Chef de Race: Intermediate

Postby Sam » Thu May 15, 2008 7:14 pm

You know, as much as I hate to say it because I loath Pulpit so... I'm really starting to like Tapit. Gotta be the Ruby Slipper. I don't see Pulpit when I look at him, I see Rubiano so I can only pray he breeds like Rubiano.

Really nice little girl there, CLH.

dray33
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby dray33 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:11 am

Sam: Just wonderin'... Why the dislike of Pulpit?