F-T Midlantic?

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

F-T Midlantic?

Postby KBEquine » Sun May 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Anyone going to the breezes and/or sale?

From a quick look at the catalog, "Midlantic" is still just the sale's location, not its offerings . . . I cruised the catalog & about half the horses are KY-breds; if you add the FL-breds, you have more than 70% of the 600+ horses listed for sale.

Horses actually foaled in the Mid-Atlantic region still account for just 15% of the offerings & [for those of us interested in PA sires] none of the 27 PA-breds are by stallions standing in PA, although the PA sires stakes series wasn't around when these matings were planned, so here's hoping . . .

Then again, there are some transplanted-to-PA stallions represented -- Delaware Township & Snow Ridge both have FL-breds from their former homes.

And PA sires Lite The Fuse & Siphon are represented, but their mares foaled in NY, MD and/or KY.

So, anyone going?

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Sun May 11, 2008 2:31 pm

I'll be there - for the sales but not the breezes. Buying but not selling...The book is okay. I only look at fillies, but there are some interesting hips - both Florida and KY bred for sale. Even a NY bred or two that are interesting. By the way, I am a big fan of Siphon - to turn into a BM sire...

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Mon May 12, 2008 6:29 am

ct2346 wrote:By the way, I am a big fan of Siphon - to turn into a BM sire...

I like him, too - and partly for the same reason.

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Thu May 15, 2008 5:40 am

Our Tapit/McCaskill filly (Hip #18) had a nice breeze yesterday at the works and sells on Monday. If you are there stop by and take a look at her and let me know what you think. I can't make the sale due to the broke hip.
"We are the people our parents warned us about" - Jimmy Buffett

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Thu May 15, 2008 7:52 am

clh wrote:Our Tapit/McCaskill filly (Hip #18) had a nice breeze yesterday at the works and sells on Monday. If you are there stop by and take a look at her and let me know what you think. I can't make the sale due to the broke hip.

I see she got a mention in the TB Times Today edition for that nice breeze - congratulations! We missed the breeze when our 2nd-to-last-mare-to-foal gave us the 1st colt by our stallion, Mountain Top.

If I were to guess, I'd bet our very-last-mare-to-foal will pick the sale date for her foal . . .

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Thu May 15, 2008 6:15 pm

Congratulations KBEquine on a new colt!

"My occupational hazard is that my occupation is just not around" - Jimmy Buffett

BargainBlueblood
Starters Handicap

Postby BargainBlueblood » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:43 pm

I see the Tapit-McCaskill went to some TERRIFIC connections. Jeff Puglisi and Steve Klesaris have a good eye for a talented individual, and a really good success rate with their stock. Hope you got the price you were looking for!
Michael Slezak
Bargain Blueblood
[email protected]
917.455.0693 (cell)

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm

I think we got a fair price for the filly so what more can we ask for? We'd all like more money wouldn't we? We'd all like the highest price for the day, the sale, offspring for the stallion, etc... I think the price was fair considering the dam hasn't produced a lot, but in the 2nd dam the blacktype is alot stronger.

So to answer your question, yes, we were happy with the price and yes, we too have heard some good things about the buyers - who could ask for more?

BargainBlueblood
Starters Handicap

Postby BargainBlueblood » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:15 pm

Then indeed, congratulations! Should be exciting to watch this baby hit the races later this year!
Michael Slezak

Bargain Blueblood

[email protected]

917.455.0693 (cell)

clh
Grade I Winner

Postby clh » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:23 pm

I will be thrilled when she races. The consignor assured me she is a weekend horse (meaning graded stakes races) so we'll see. She is a great filly with alot of spunk and personality. Hope they didn't take too much of that out of her ;) She did bite a few folks when she got to Randy's barn however (HA). This filly is smart too. Can't pull anything past her - all our horses were kept in several years ago due to the weather for about a week - the mares understood it, this filly didn't and when we took her out in the main barn area to clean her stall she wouldn't go back in it. So I turned her around and backed her in. Ta-da! Won that battle!! Next day that trick wouldn't work - she was too smart for it. We had to open the top and bottom of the stall doors so she thought she was going outside.

She ran beautifully in her breeze. I hope they do well with her.