FT Saratoga Catalog now on-line

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

soundfast
Allowance Winner

Postby soundfast » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:09 pm

Do not know of any pictures except of the day one and two sale toppers. #55 a Mr. Greeley filly sold for $250K. You can look at lots of pictures of OBS yearlings + catalog pages right now.
Last edited by soundfast on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

justinnich
Maiden Special Weight

Postby justinnich » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:32 pm

Thanks, LB! We actually were also an underbidder on HIP 62 (I think)... it was, a Ghostzapper filly with Soviet Sojourn in the second dam, and 151 who was a grand slam colt. Team Valor bought the first and McPeek bought the second so I guess if you have to miss out on 'em, those are the right kinds of people to lose to, lol

bfinellc
Maiden Special Weight

FT Saratoga sales topper

Postby bfinellc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Did anyone get a look at hip #274, the Exchange Rate colt that topped the sale at $250K? I own his 1/2 sister (Alexie) and recently shipped her to Louisiana in foal to Eavesdropper so the foal could be an LA-bred. I am kicking myself now as I should have shipped her to Pennsylvania to drop her foal!

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:26 pm

justinnich wrote:Thanks, LB! We actually were also an underbidder on HIP 62 (I think)... it was, a Ghostzapper filly with Soviet Sojourn in the second dam, and 151 who was a grand slam colt. Team Valor bought the first and McPeek bought the second so I guess if you have to miss out on 'em, those are the right kinds of people to lose to, lol

You got outmuscled by a couple of the big guns. :wink:

We almost bought that Grand Slam colt's dam in 2003. Just as well we didn't; instead we got a Storm Bird mare who has turned out to be a once in a lifetime mare. We also have a Grand Slam filly this year who's quite nice. When Grand Slams are good, they're very good.

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:30 pm

oooooooo :cry: someone pass the Kleenex...... I just saw #548 , and while I had hoped the only reason I would have trekked to NY would be as attractive as an Alpo can, it wasn't so. I liked her on paper b/c she's related to mine by the second dam, and now I will be kicking myself in the arse for not going. Though I doubt I would have pushed the price past 5k anyway, being the bargain shopper that I am :lol: !! Though now as I type this I may have skated away with #554 :wink: !!

Dray, Please tell me these 2 were beyond horrible in person and that my computer distorted their images for the better!! :lol:
trying to come up with something brillant..... this may take a while. :)

dray33
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby dray33 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:46 pm

I didn't get to see them, sorry spex. All I can tell you is that buying at the open sale is tough, and the people who i use to check out the horses didn't see anything they liked. Oh, and never trust an image or video. You need to be there to really "see" 'em.

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:09 pm

hahaha... dray I think your ppl shop way above my nifty thrifty level!! :lol: But I am glad you reassure me that images can be misleading, and of course there's nothing like the living breathing 3d version! :D

I really wanted to see that filly's movement more but she seemed like she was only going to take a few steps at a time before contemplating rearing every time. So in my mind I have convinced myself I missed out on nothing and that she probably only had 3 good legs anyway!! :twisted:

This just means I'll have more pennies for Kee and MidAt!! :wink:

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:39 am

Spex-

I looked at 548 (am interested in any filly by Tactical Cat). Marked her down a couple of pegs - crooked up front.

The sale was brutal. To top the mood off it poured buckets. Wait for Keeneland, the bargains there will be better.

spex4me
Grade I Winner

Postby spex4me » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:54 am

Awesome CT thanks for the added input. She never would face the camera well so all I could really see where side shots. :evil: Now I really don't feel bad at all! :lol:

I like Tactical Cat and I also like Tomorrows Cat, who I guess got shipped to Europe to stand. Some of the Tomcats went higher than I expected too. But things go certain ways for a reason, and now I can't wait for KEE. :D