FT Saratoga Catalog now on-line

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Hold Your Peace
Allowance Winner

FT Saratoga Catalog now on-line

Postby Hold Your Peace » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:09 am

A few that jumped out at me were:

Hip 32, Ghostzapper filly, 1/2 to Pomeroy

Hip 80, Storm Cat filly, 1/2 to Lil's Lad

Hip 103, Songandaprayer filly, 1/2 to Lost In The Fog

Hip 104, Medaglia D'Oro filly, out of Atlantic Ocean

Hip 115, Smarty Jones colt, 1/2 to Albert The Great

Hip 135, Awesome Again colt, 1/2 to Ginger Brew

Hip 158, Storm Cat colt, 3/4 brother to Bluegrass Cat

Hip 179, Ghostzapper filly, 1/2 to In The Gold

Hip 183, Songandaprayer filly, 1/2 to Adieu

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:17 am

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Crystal
Freshman Sire

Postby Crystal » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:44 am

woo hoo!

newyorkmary
Yearling

Postby newyorkmary » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:40 am

This really pixxes me off. I've been rooting for the half sister of one of our yearlings to break her maiden in time to be included in the catalog - she did - about 2 weeks ago. It says nothing, she's not even mentioned. She has earnings of over $50K. Even if the win didn't come in time, why wouldn't it at least say "placed at 2 and 3," which she was.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:51 am

nym - when I sold Express to Boston's Street Cry filly at KEENOV last year, the dam's half sister's colt, Timber Reserve, had won the PA Derby (G2) in SEPTEMBER and it didn't make it into the sales info.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

newyorkmary
Yearling

Postby newyorkmary » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:03 pm

Madelyn - Ouch! That hurts.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:47 pm

they usually make an effort to announce new information live at the sale, right? Did they for your horse, Madelyn?
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:49 pm

They did -- but it is so fast and has nowhere NEAR the impact of having the info in the catalog.

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:52 pm

yeah, I know...but I wanted to know if 2 months was enough for them to at least do THAT much.
Guess they never commit to an editorial "lead time", huh?
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.

----Arrested Development

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:23 pm

newyorkmary wrote:This really pixxes me off. I've been rooting for the half sister of one of our yearlings to break her maiden in time to be included in the catalog - she did - about 2 weeks ago. It says nothing, she's not even mentioned. She has earnings of over $50K. Even if the win didn't come in time, why wouldn't it at least say "placed at 2 and 3," which she was.

There are very specific cut-off dates that the sales companies use and it's up to the consignor (or the owner) to see that all pertinent information is included.

I have never sold at SAR but I do have yearlings entered in the upcoming Keeneland Sept sale, and I would imagine the system is the same. The cut-off date for appearing in the catalogue is this weekend. Anything that happens after that date can be put on a sticker but it won't be on the page. On Monday owners/consignors can call and check to make sure that all their late additions have been noted.

Not only that, but the proof pages for the Sept. sale have been up on the website since May. It's the consignor's responsibility to check and see that they're correct--and to make changes and/or additions if they're not.

The sales companie try hard but they do overlook things sometimes. They also give plenty of notice about what's on the page and what isn't. Rather than bitching on a BB it makes more sense to do your homework and get it right yourself.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:39 pm

LB I did all that - notified the consignor, followed up, etc. After being assured it WAS on the page I was pretty pixxed to find it wasn't. We were right on the deadline and other folks got their changes in.

dray33
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby dray33 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:08 pm

Can't wait for the sale, I will be there, anyone else?

Here are the one's I am really interested in:

First and foremost, Hip 16. I own BRUSHED BAYOU (she's in foal to Unbridled's Song) and I really love this family. I think Vindication will work well, but I can't wait to see what she looks like.

Hip 37. Rare Gift was trained by Kimmel, I got to see her, and it should be interesting to see how her first foal looks.

Hip 44: Again, a first foal. Nice racing mare, to Distorted Humor!

Hip 50: Another firster... looks to be a talented, sound mare, in foal to Zapper.

Hip 77: I like the page.

Hip 83: Like the page, tho I'm a bit cool on Forestry.

Hip 85: Black and white looks good, wonder how he looks in person. War Pass family.

Hip 86: Like Lion Heart as sire, and I know the dam... I bought A Shin Forward as a yearling and pinhooked him... he went on the be Stakes placed in Japan, winner of over 490k so far.

Hip 94: Like War Chant, and the page (Jena Jena was a nice filly).

Hip 96: Only because she is out of an Unbridled's Song mare, and I have one of those... and want to see how the Dixie union match worked. Theres a couple of them.

Hip 104: Second foal from Atlantic Ocean, a Medaglia D'oro to boot. Nice.

Hip 106: I like Silver Deputy fillys, out of an Alesheba mare.

Hip 115: Sire potential, nice family.

Hip 128: More from Flying Heat's female side, this a Rock Hard Ten.

Hip 133: Lots of speed here (I had a colt out of Inner Circle, lights out fast) , and Point Given makes an interesting match.

Hip 158: Sales topper if good looking and sound.

Hip 161: What a broodmare prospect.

Hip 195: I would just like to see this one.

Any others I missed?

xfactor fan
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby xfactor fan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:18 am

Are the online catalogs text only, I seem to remember sales catalogs that had pictures and text, or has that gone the way of the dodo?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:02 am

I have never seen catalogs with photos - but I've only been going to horse sales for four years.

Hold Your Peace
Allowance Winner

Postby Hold Your Peace » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:08 am

OBS posts photos online of most of the yearlings in the select session of their August yearling sales.

OBS has just posted an Excel fille with all of the yearlings in the select and open sessions of the August sale on-line and soon should have the whole catalog on-line and then a while after that they will have photos on-line.