CTHS Ontario Yearling Sale

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

K~2
Starters Handicap

CTHS Ontario Yearling Sale

Postby K~2 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:40 pm

The catalog is online now.
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:20 pm

How do you always find out so fast? :D I swear I have been obsessively checking the site! lol
"People come and go but horses leave hoofprints on your heart"

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:00 am

Mood Swings wrote:How do you always find out so fast? :D I swear I have been obsessively checking the site! lol

Not as obsessively as I've been :lol:. The advertising deadline was on the 15th, so I assumed that the catalog would be available shortly after that time.
Legal Jousting (Indian Ridge X In Anticipation - Sadler's Wells) standing at Kingsgate Stud

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:37 am

Did you see that there is a Rahy colt in the sale? :shock: Looks like there are some really nice freshman sires, among others this year.

Stedfast Farm
Yearling

Postby Stedfast Farm » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:09 am

Sorta suprised not to see any Legal Jousting yearlings....

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Mood Swings wrote:Did you see that there is a Rahy colt in the sale? :shock: Looks like there are some really nice freshman sires, among others this year.

I like Rahy. Would LOVE to have a broodmare by him. There is a nice selection of sires in this catalogue. I will peruse it more thoroughly when I have the print catalogue in-hand, easier to mark the ones I like. Hate having to open up each individual pdf. Maybe the CTHS should look into having the whole catalogue available to download.

Stedfast Farm wrote:Sorta suprised not to see any Legal Jousting yearlings....
There may be some available privately.

Mood Swings
Grade II Winner

Postby Mood Swings » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:09 am

K~2 wrote:
Mood Swings wrote:Did you see that there is a Rahy colt in the sale? :shock: Looks like there are some really nice freshman sires, among others this year.

I like Rahy. Would LOVE to have a broodmare by him. There is a nice selection of sires in this catalogue. I will peruse it more thoroughly when I have the print catalogue in-hand, easier to mark the ones I like. Hate having to open up each individual pdf. Maybe the CTHS should look into having the whole catalogue available to download.

I hear you re"Rahy as a BM sire!" I just spoke to the pres. regarding the catalogue download. I agree it is a pita and I like being able to download the catalogue in its entirety. We'll see what happens ...

I'll see you at the sale!

I like this two-way conversation we have going on, lol :D

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:28 am

The catalog arrived in the mail this morning, and my brother called me first thing to look up hip #5.... that's only when I realized that the catalog's out! :wink:

I will be there.... a couple of my former mares have babies in the sale what I really want to check out.

Just on a quick glance, I like the Theatrical colt and Candy Ride baby.

aurora
Starters Handicap

Postby aurora » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:00 am

Yearlings are arriving this weekend for the sale. Anyone seen anything they like yet?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:05 am

K~2 wrote:....
Stedfast Farm wrote:Sorta suprised not to see any Legal Jousting yearlings....
There may be some available privately.

According to the JC statistics, Legal Jousting covered four mares in 2006 and had three foals in 2007.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Daisy Jal Dastur
Allowance Winner

Postby Daisy Jal Dastur » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:09 pm

might be going tonight, after work.... anyone see any already?

K~2
Starters Handicap

Postby K~2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Daisy Jal Dastur wrote:might be going tonight, after work.... anyone see any already?

Been watching online. Didn't think we would still be putting hay up in the first week of September!

The prices seem to be ok. I see Assmussen is buying some Ontario-sired Canadian breds.

Jenny
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Jenny » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:22 pm

I am surprised that Mobil was getting such little respect. I did not have the chance to attend this year. So I can't say what his yearlings looked like. I just thought they would have averaged more. Some sold Ok then others for $1500 that is pathetic. Any comments on their appearance.

aurora
Starters Handicap

Postby aurora » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:57 am

Some sold well in the select sale and some didn't. There was a 30% buy back rate for the select. Anyone know if this high of a buy back rate is normal for this sale?