If you would have the money which horse(s) would you buy?

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Elles
Starters Handicap

If you would have the money which horse(s) would you buy?

Postby Elles » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:03 am

TATTERSALLS OCTOBER 1 CATALOGUE NOW ONLINE
Betfair Sponsored Yearling Sale Features Brothers
and Sisters to 43 Classic/Group 1 Winners

The catalogue for Book 1 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale, sponsored by Betfair, is now online and can be viewed at www.tattersalls.com. Europe’s premier yearling sale will take place over three days, Tuesday 7th – Thursday 9th October, and features own or half brothers and sisters to 43 Classic and Group 1 winners amongst the 611 catalogued, all of which are eligible for Europe’s most extensive sales race series, the £2,300,000 Tattersalls Timeform Millions.

In total there are a massive 274 own or half brothers and sisters to Group and Listed winners and 23 of the current top 25 British and Irish based sires are represented including ACCLAMATION, CADEAUX GENEREUX, CAPE CROSS, DALAKHANI, DANEHILL DANCER, DANSILI, GALILEO, GREEN DESERT, INDIAN RIDGE, INVINCIBLE SPIRIT, KYLLACHY, MONTJEU, OASIS DREAM, PIVOTAL, RED RANSOM, ROCK OF GIBRALTAR, ROYAL APPLAUSE, SADLER’S WELLS, SELKIRK and SINGSPIEL.

Numerically the best represented sire is top ranked British based sire PIVOTAL who has 36 yearlings catalogued, followed by the current leading British and Irish based sire GALILEO who has 35. MONTJEU and DANEHILL DANCER, currently second and third in the British and Irish sires table have 27 and 34 yearlings catalogued respectively while the venerable 14 times Champion sire SADLER’S WELLS has 14 lots catalogued comprising eight colts and six fillies.

As ever leading international sires feature prominently with top USA sires ARCH, BERNSTEIN, DIXIE UNION, DYNAFORMER, EL CORREDOR, ELUSIVE QUALITY, FUSAICHI PEGASUS, GIANT’S CAUSEWAY, GONE WEST, GULCH, HENNESSY, JOHANNESBURG, LEMON DROP KID, MORE THAN READY, MR GREELEY, PULPIT, RAHY, SEEKING THE GOLD, SMART STRIKE, THEATRICAL and UNBRIDLED’S SONG all well represented as is Germany’s outstanding sire MONSUN.

Classic and Group 1 winning first crop yearling sires are also well to the fore with 2005 Irish 2,000 Guineas winner DUBAWI leading the way with 27 catalogued, while SHAMARDAL, winner of the 2005 Poule d’Essai des Poulains and himself a 50,000 guineas Tattersalls yearling purchase, has 20 of his first crop to represent him. 2005 Derby winner MOTIVATOR, a 75,000 guineas October 1 purchase, has 14 yearlings catalogued and 2,000 Guineas winner FOOTSTEPSINTHESAND, yet another 2005 Classic winning Tattersalls October 1 yearling purchase, is represented by 13 lots.

Elles
Starters Handicap

Postby Elles » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:09 am

Simengineer
Yearling

Postby Simengineer » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:44 am

Oh man, so many wonder choices here. This will take a bit of time to wade through, but I'll have some favorites for sure.
Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one. ~Benjamin Franklin

Simengineer
Yearling

Postby Simengineer » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:21 am

#17 b.c. Montjeu (IRE)/Leaping Water (GB) - This colt is a half to Grammarian whom I loved to follow. And the second dam is the dam of Ballingarry (IRE), Starborough (GB), Aristotle (IRE), and Spanish Falls (GB). What more could anyone want in the dam side? If he vets, he will sell well.

#40 b.c. Monjeu (IRE)/Magnificient Style - The dam here is climbing in age, but she is a "magnificient" mare. 7 for 7 of foals of racing age, 5 of which are stakes winners and graded stakes winners.

#41 b.c. Pivotal (GB)/Magnolia Lane (IRE) - While this dam is a non-winner, she is a full sister to Yeats (IRE). And having Pivotal (GB) as a sire makes this colt a quite desirable prospect, in my eyes anyway.

#62 ch.c. Dalakhani (IRE)/Mia Mambo - I'm intriqued by this one. This dam so far has not shown great ability, but she is still young. However, the sedond dam is a full sister to MIESQUE.

#77 gr.f. Singspiel (IRE)/Miss University - This filly is a full sister to Three Degrees (IRE). I'd bring this one over to race in southern California. Singspiel's seem to do well there.

#135 b.c. Oratorio (IRE)/Pilgrim Spirit - Not much up close, but WOW what an impressive 3rd dam.

#159 ch.f. Strong Hope/Radioactivity - This is a decidedly American pedigree. Will be interesting to see how well she is recieved. She is a half to Champali.

#173 - b.f. Shamardal/River Belle (GB) - This one is of purely sentimental value, though the addition of Shamardal should gain this filly some added interest.

And that is just the first day! There were many more I liked, but I did not want the list to get too big.

Bid
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Bid » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:52 pm

I didn't look through them all but 79 jumps out with the Mill Reef. They don't write races for that horse here, but hey we're dealing in dreams right?

Elles
Starters Handicap

Postby Elles » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:29 am

Some nice research Simengineer!
Now I have to start saving money :lol: .

Elles
Starters Handicap

Postby Elles » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:38 am

Last year's Leaping Water yearling by Montjeu was not sold at the highest bid of 78,000 guineas.
www.tattersalls.com/sales/october/2007% ... esults.xls

One of the offspring of Magnificient Style that sold for a lot of money:
http://www.pedigreequery.com/playful+act

Simengineer
Yearling

Postby Simengineer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:32 am

Elles wrote:Some nice research Simengineer!
Now I have to start saving money :lol: .

Research is what I do best! But really I just paged through the catalog and looked for names I know. I like to add comments as to why I like them. It makes me appear more thoughtful. :roll:

I'll be saving for a VERY long time to be able to afford any of these! But I can always dream...