anyone at keeneland sale?

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Fireslam
Allowance Winner

Postby Fireslam » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Those races for for 3 and up, not 2 year olds.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:46 am

Indiana doesn't card many two year old races period. Not sired, bred, or open.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:33 am

madelyn wrote:Acccording to the 9/20 Blood Horse, 2008 showed 226 live foals in Indiana from 579 mares bred (those folks need better VETS!!!!)

To be fair, I think a large portion of that has been done intentionally. Mares were brought in to Indiana just in time to drop a foal, and got listed on a mares bred report to satisfy the breed back rule, whether or not the mare was actually covered, or whether or not the mare was just jumped, or covered at the complete wrong time, or covered, taken back to KY (or wherever,) given a shot of lute and bred to whoever the mare owner really wanted... you get the picture. Those numbers should become more reasonable with the new rules going into effect this year.
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:38 am

Didn't mean to impugn anyone, Rogue - just a bit of a tongue-in-cheek interpretation of the numbers. Those numbers ARE indicative of foal heat covers typically which have a low conception rate. I NEVER breed on the foal heat.

My point, and I did have one, is that there just are not a LOT of Indiana breds to run in 2010. It is a GREAT time to be planning a few Indiana breds.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:44 am

I gotcha. It's just been one of those areas that begs for cheating and something I've been wishing they'd address for a while. I'm glad that they finally did change that rule so there should be more legitimate attempts at actually getting mares in foal, not just getting their names inculded on the report. :wink:

"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'