ITOBA Paddock Sale November 17th

Talk about upcoming sales or auction results.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Roguelet

ITOBA Paddock Sale November 17th

Postby Roguelet » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:35 am

The ITOBA Paddock Sale will be held on November 17th at Hoosier Park Racetrack in Anderson, Indiana. This is a good place to look for second career horses. Typically we don't get entries until just before the sale, and there is no official catalog for this sale, but I will try to put entries up on the web site as we get them. Consignment contracts will be available online soon.
"Don't be a boorish buffoon" -Hokies Respect 'Jerk Alert'

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:15 am

*Date Change*

The ITOBA Paddock Sale will be held on Monday, November 17th. The date has been corrected in the original post, but I wanted to bring this to the attention of anyone who might be interested in attending (or consigning.)

The sale will return to the actual saddling paddock this year, and there will be a minimum bid of $350 per horse. Consignors may set a higher reserve if they so choose. Consignment contracts are available here: http://www.itoba.com/08PaddockSale%20Consignment%20Contract.pdf

Please note the following Hoosier Park policy, which will be in effect with regard to the sale:
Any trainer or owner stabling at Hoosier Park who directly or indirectly participates in the transport of a horse from Hoosier Park to a slaughter facility or to an auction to sell horses for slaughter will be prohibited from having stalls at the track.

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:39 pm

Just a reminder that this sale is Monday at Hoosier Park. I'm supposed to get a list of horses today; once I get the list I will post them on the ITOBA web site.

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:38 am

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:35 am

How did the sale go?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Roguelet

Postby Roguelet » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:42 pm

madelyn wrote:How did the sale go?

UUGH... sorry so late to reply; just catching up on things. The best thing that I can say is that 7 horses found good homes from this sale. There were some scheduling problems with Hoosier Park that made normal advertising pretty much impossible and did create some confusion, which was not helpful, but I'm not sure the outcome would have been much different regardless. It's just not a time when people are out looking for horses to buy, unfortunately...